Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think they really have a direct competition with Harbor Point, the only new mall. Different business model.
I agree, the grocery store in Harbor Point is a Puregold. Apparently there are 2 different Puregold's (one is duty free, the other is local). The Puregold in Harbor Point is a local flavor. I am with Don on this. I rarely shop at either Puregold as the Royal has the best prices and still some Western products. We get all of our fresh seafood at the wet market downtown (except for the Frozen Dory that I have grown an affinity too (only 150p/kilo of filets))....

The best time to go to the Royal is either when they first open or between 1-2pm. Unless you love crowds, avoid at all costs on weekend afternoons...

·
Super Moderator
3,603 Posts
Goodwill grocery store chain

I agree, the grocery store in Harbor Point is a Puregold. Apparently there are 2 different Puregold's (one is duty free, the other is local). The Puregold in Harbor Point is a local flavor. I am with Don on this. I rarely shop at either Puregold as the Royal has the best prices and still some Western products. We get all of our fresh seafood at the wet market downtown (except for the Frozen Dory that I have grown an affinity too (only 150p/kilo of filets))....

The best time to go to the Royal is either when they first open or between 1-2pm. Unless you love crowds, avoid at all costs on weekend afternoons...
I buy the Cream Dory also at the Goodwill grocery chain stores it's real cheap the other chains are pricey.

Puregold grocery stores sure aren't standardized in any way, same with the SM chain grocery stores, I buy oil in the Large cans for 900 peso's from Puregold in Calamba but the one in Pagsanjuan Falls don't carry the very large cans or plastic containers they also didn't sell the black beans and larger sized chips but the Pagsanjuan Falls liquor area sure looked good, nice prices on Evan Williams whiskey two I think 1 liter bottles for 900 peso's and Jagermeister had nice price on it I think it was 800 peso's for a 500ml and it came with a 250 ml bottle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts