Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one for the business community out there. If I am doing some work (web design) for a retail outlet do I need to get a purchase order or get the customer to sign something to prove they have requested to have the work done or not?
In the UK a verbal agreement is usually enough but I'm not sure how it works in Cyprus.
Anyone got any thoughts and/or experience of this?

·
Registered
370 Posts
It doesn't matter what country I would never start work without written confirmation/purchase order.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fully agree with last post. Written agreement on everything. If they dont want to pay you must have proof.
Would it need to be in Greek too or would an English only Purchase order suffice?

The thing is if they decide not to pay, I can always just take the site down and ok I have spent time on it but they still don't get a website.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Maybe you could tell clients that you will put the website up for approval for a period of time (say 10 days) then take it down until payment is received. Pursuing anyone here through the courts is difficult and can be expensive so it's worth avoiding if possible.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe you could tell clients that you will put the website up for approval for a period of time (say 10 days) then take it down until payment is received. Pursuing anyone here through the courts is difficult and can be expensive so it's worth avoiding if possible.
That's what I thought, that's why I didn't think it was worth getting purchase order forms printed since they aren't going to be worth the paper they're printed on should the thing go to court. I may as well just say "no payment, no website" and take it down. I don't think it will be a problem, most people are pretty decent but you do always get the odd one that thinks they can get away with it. And hey, my work is so good they'll be willing to pay me double! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts