Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, Here we are in Paris with our golden retriever Crosby, whom I've written about after you all helped us so much with his transport from the States.

Now that we're here, we have discovered to our dismay that taxicabs will not allow dogs in them. We found this out when we had Crosby groomed. It is a long walk to the groomer, 70 euros to groom, and we wanted to taxi home to preserve his clean underbelly and legs, as it was wet outside. Non, they said, no taxi will take a dog. There is one service that will transport dogs, but we're not sure it will take us as well, or how much this will cost.

One of my plans centered around a book I have called "An Hour Outside of Paris." These are places you can get to by train, and the dog can ride the train if you buy a ticket. However, we can't taxi the dog to the train! And he is not "ready" for the subway yet. He's okay with the city noises, but the crowds are bothering him a bit. So we have been doing long walks in the morning and leaving him alone in the afternoon. That's working out fine, but does not allow for all-day trips.

Does anyone know of a reliable dog sitter in Paris, either within walking distance of the 11th (Richard Lenoir metro is right across the street from our building)? Or they could come to the apartment. There are lots of offers for this on Craig's List, but I don't know how to vet the sitters.

Thanks for any help. And oh what a joy it is to have our dog with us. We have met so many people because of him and his friendliness.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.