Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
423 Posts
If only I was there this weekend, I'd be defo up for that.

·
Banned
423 Posts
Still reckon the RockSpiders at that dive bar (Mariners???) upstairs in Bur Dubai were the best, probably not there any more mind you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If only I was there this weekend, I'd be defo up for that.
It seems they'll be organizing another one pretty soon.

It went well! Not a full house, but I didn't really expect a lot of punks in Dubai anyway. :D My friend was having a bad headache so we had to leave before 2am or so. We only saw "The Frenemies" play. Not bad at all.

Still reckon the RockSpiders at that dive bar (Mariners???) upstairs in Bur Dubai were the best, probably not there any more mind you.
I've never seen "RockSpiders" play, but I've heard they're really good...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Makes a change from the tediously average covers band they have in there I guess.
It was my first time there. I think they should allocate more space in front of the 'stage' for more pogoing/dancing. It gets a little boring to be seated on the other side (where the tables are)...

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Rock Spiders are playing a "one off" gig at The Music Room on 6th April, used to see them there regularly, definitely worth going if you haven't seen them before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rock Spiders are playing a "one off" gig at The Music Room on 6th April, used to see them there regularly, definitely worth going if you haven't seen them before.
Uh oh. The next Sandance festival is also on 06 Apr and I'm very much looking forward to watching the indie band "Kaiser Chiefs" play! (they're one of my faves and I already have my ticket)... but if they finish their set early, I'll head to The Music Room then...

Thanks for the heads-up!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.