Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Quick couple of questions please.

I'm moving with gf to Dubai very soon, have a job at Madinat Jumeirah and will be staying in a hotel in Bur Dubai (Panorama) for a couple of weeks until I can sort out something more permanent.

- is it better to hire a car to commute for the first few weeks until buying one? Or is public transport suitable between Bur Dubai and Madinat Jumeirah (ie not with a daily 5 hour commute!)?

-are landlords more flexible nowadays with regards to the number of cheques you can pay the rent with? do they do 4-6 cheques or is 1-2 the norm still? Planning to find something for 60-70k in JLT.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Hi Guys Quick couple of questions please. I'm moving with gf to Dubai very soon, have a job at Madinat Jumeirah and will be staying in a hotel in Bur Dubai (Panorama) for a couple of weeks until I can sort out something more permanent. - is it better to hire a car to commute for the first few weeks until buying one? Or is public transport suitable between Bur Dubai and Madinat Jumeirah (ie not with a daily 5 hour commute!)? -are landlords more flexible nowadays with regards to the number of cheques you can pay the rent with? do they do 4-6 cheques or is 1-2 the norm still? Planning to find something for 60-70k in JLT. Thanks for your help in advance :)
You say gf.....

You do know that you can't live together legally?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I know, but everyone tells me its fine as long as we stay out of trouble...? Whats your view?
I don't have a view. I'm married!
As long as you know, and are aware of the consequences..... (Jail...deportation) and go in with your eyes open..

·
Registered
845 Posts
from now on, as far as anyone is concerned, she is your wife and you are married. staying out of trouble also means not advertising you aren't actually married. even a neighbour who is angry over a loud stereo and not willing to chat about it first could report you. so make sure everyone thinks you're married.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from now on, as far as anyone is concerned, she is your wife and you are married. staying out of trouble also means not advertising you aren't actually married. even a neighbour who is angry over a loud stereo and not willing to chat about it first could report you. so make sure everyone thinks you're married.
Thanks sammylou, Vantage thanks for the heads up! I've just told my wife ;)

Any feedback on the questions? Cheers guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts