Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some people say PTE is comparatively easier than IELTS however some say IELTS is easy
Which exam is more easy to score points?

I heard that in PTE we have to speak with computer and it will generally not recognize our ascent, and we may loose few points there.. Typically loose points on pronunciation event though it is correct from our point of view.

Above case was not der in IELTS

Please suggest, also suggest things needs to be remember before exam

·
Registered
413 Posts
Some people say PTE is comparatively easier than IELTS however some say IELTS is easy

I heard that in PTE we have to speak with computer and it will generally not recognize our ascent, and we may loose few points there.. Typically loose points on pronunciation event though it is correct from our point of view.

-
Hi,
IELTS is subjective because of involvement of human in Writing and Speaking section so applicants struggle with these sections for desire score. So it is more advisable to go for PTE-A. This link will be helpful as it contains loads of information about PTE-A exams

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/672738-pte-exam.html

·
Registered
23,862 Posts

The members here overwhelmingly believe that PTEA is better if you are aiming for high score

If you are aiming for functional English , then IELTS is better

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am experienced IT professional having 10 years of experience.

I don't think I need to go for PTE A as I am not a student.

So in case of IELTS and PTE, both i have to go for General exam right? then which should be better for difficulty point of view

·
Registered
263 Posts
HI

I am experienced IT professional having 10 years of experience.

I don't think I need to go for PTE A as I am not a student.

So in case of IELTS and PTE, both i have to go for General exam right? then which should be better for difficulty point of view
For immigration purpose australia, You need to attend PTE-Academic or IELTS-General.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts