Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am seeing people who applied for ACS first and then IELTS or PTE.

Can we clear IELTS or PTE first and then apply for ACS?

Thanks

·
Registered
271 Posts
Yes you can do that or better start ACS then go for IELTS or PTE. ACS don't require you to take English exam before you apply unlike Engineers Australia they ask for IELTS before applying for the assessment. So it is your choice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Since the turn around times are almost same for both these days, you can do it parallely as well.

ACS: Mostly the outcome is within a fortnight these days
PTE: Most of the results come out in a day or two, unless they write something up their site about technical glitches.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

I would suggest you to go for PTE-A (OR any other English Language Test) FIRST and THEN after the result apply for ACS immediately.

Hi guys,

Thanks

·
Registered
550 Posts
Quick question:

I am preparing for PTE. I will apply for SC 189 under Business Analyst category. I have 6 years 9 months of experience. For my background i.e electronics and instrumentation the ACS will cut 4 years of experience. Now if I get 10 PTE points I will be at 55 total points and will only be able to gain 5 points after 3 months. If I score 20 PTE points then it is comfortably beyond the cut off score of 60.

My question: Can I do ACS ?

Scenario: If I score 10 PTE points, will I be able to update the experience with ACS later on? Will I have to file a new submission or it will be an update on the old request?

I understand that ACS evaluates the qualification. Which authority gives experience points? Is that skill select?

My only question is can I start doing ACS in parallel with PTE given the above scenario?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks
Yes you can clear PTE/IELTS first then apply for ACS. Its not a problem.

People apply for ACS first because it takes time for you to get your skill assessed by ACS. During that time frame, people make use of that opportunity to clear PTE/IELTS. It would be better that way so that they would delay their EOI.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Quick question:

I am preparing for PTE. I will apply for SC 189 under Business Analyst category. I have 6 years 9 months of experience. For my background i.e electronics and instrumentation the ACS will cut 4 years of experience. Now if I get 10 PTE points I will be at 55 total points and will only be able to gain 5 points after 3 months. If I score 20 PTE points then it is comfortably beyond the cut off score of 60.

My question: Can I do ACS ?

Scenario: If I score 10 PTE points, will I be able to update the experience with ACS later on? Will I have to file a new submission or it will be an update on the old request?

I understand that ACS evaluates the qualification. Which authority gives experience points? Is that skill select?

My only question is can I start doing ACS in parallel with PTE given the above scenario?
Hi,

There is no relationship between PTE and ACS assessment. PTE is to prove your language skill and ACS is to evaluate your study and work experience. First, You can complete your ACS and then prepare well for PTE to achieve the high score.

Many Thanks,
Babu

1 - 9 of 9 Posts