Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Hope some one can provide me usefull direction...

I am working in AUS since a year on 457 visa.
Just finished by PTE and applied for ACS (hopefully will be done by 2 weeks).
Remaining documentation is ready and planning to file 189 EOI as soon as I get ACS approval. Points = 70.

Well well well, my wife is 4th month pregnant.
1) If i get a invite, can she go for medicals?
2) Are medicals required for Pregnant?
3) If required, and she can`t go thru Xray, will they keep the application on HOLD or suspended or what?
4) Will they provide PR just for me and keep hers on Hold?

Please don`t get mad at the questions, these are all what is running on my head and thus seek ur clarification. Any advice is highly appreciated...thanks ahead.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,
Hope some one can provide me usefull direction...

I am working in AUS since a year on 457 visa.
Just finished by PTE and applied for ACS (hopefully will be done by 2 weeks).
Remaining documentation is ready and planning to file 189 EOI as soon as I get ACS approval. Points = 70.

Well well well, my wife is 4th month pregnant.
1) If i get a invite, can she go for medicals?
2) Are medicals required for Pregnant?
3) If required, and she can`t go thru Xray, will they keep the application on HOLD or suspended or what?
4) Will they provide PR just for me and keep hers on Hold?

Please don`t get mad at the questions, these are all what is running on my head and thus seek ur clarification. Any advice is highly appreciated...thanks ahead.
Hi you are in safe situation.
I have just submitted my application 15 days back and my wife is also expecting so I am delaying her medicals. Based on information I have gathered I will try to answer ur questions.
1. As you have submitted ACS still 2 weeks (minimum) for receiving ACS positive ack. Now second step is EOI after submitting your EOI time period after which you will receive ur grant solely depends upon your total points and current trends for that point threshold.
2 . Post receiving grant you have two months to submit the application. So all these processes will take at least 2-3 months minimum based on my experience.
3. When you receive an invite you can submit ur application with you as primary application and wife as only dependent attach everything except medicals and submit the application.
4. As by the time u will submit the application your wife must be around 7-8 months pregnant so once your child is born you can add him/her on same application and go for medicals.
5. As per DIBP website expecting mother's can complete medical except chest x-ray which they can undergo post delivery or during delivery also with protective shield(not advised).

I hope I answered ur questions you are in way better situation than mine. Just go with the flow things will fall in place. Take care of your wife and wish you luck with process

Cheera

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi you are in safe situation.
I have just submitted my application 15 days back and my wife is also expecting so I am delaying her medicals. Based on information I have gathered I will try to answer ur questions.
1. As you have submitted ACS still 2 weeks (minimum) for receiving ACS positive ack. Now second step is EOI after submitting your EOI time period after which you will receive ur grant solely depends upon your total points and current trends for that point threshold.
2 . Post receiving grant you have two months to submit the application. So all these processes will take at least 2-3 months minimum based on my experience.
3. When you receive an invite you can submit ur application with you as primary application and wife as only dependent attach everything except medicals and submit the application.
4. As by the time u will submit the application your wife must be around 7-8 months pregnant so once your child is born you can add him/her on same application and go for medicals.
5. As per DIBP website expecting mother's can complete medical except chest x-ray which they can undergo post delivery or during delivery also with protective shield(not advised).

I hope I answered ur questions you are in way better situation than mine. Just go with the flow things will fall in place. Take care of your wife and wish you luck with process

Cheera

THANKS A LOT Mohit...
your info is really helpful to me and i have verified the medical chest xray requirements on DIBP site.

Just to let u know ... correct me if am wrong...
After EOI, next step is invite, but not Grant.

Wish u all the very best also brother and keep me posted of any updates. thanks ahead

·
Registered
18 Posts
THANKS A LOT Mohit...
your info is really helpful to me and i have verified the medical chest xray requirements on DIBP site.

Just to let u know ... correct me if am wrong...
After EOI, next step is invite, but not Grant.

Wish u all the very best also brother and keep me posted of any updates. thanks ahead
Yes you are correct next step is invite and after invite you need to submit all the relevant documents and submit application within two months of getting invited. Grant all together will take many months depending upon case to case.

Regards
Mohit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts