Status
Not open for further replies.
1741 - 1758 of 1758 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Kriti,

How was ur exam experience today?
Can you share the essay, short answer questions that you remember please.

I have an exam on 6th Feb.

Thanks

·
Registered
365 Posts
I got 6.5 in writing although i was very confident of securing atleast 7 so now im very confused whether to go for re-evaluation or try PTE
Any suggestions plz

·
Banned
133 Posts
I got 6.5 in writing although i was very confident of securing atleast 7 so now im very confused whether to go for re-evaluation or try PTE
Any suggestions plz
Mate,

Try for PTE as I am in same situation and thinking to reattempt PTE A

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mate,

Try for PTE as I am in same situation and thinking to reattempt PTE A
HI Mehul,

can u please PM the PTE A material. Thanks in Advance.

·
Banned
133 Posts
HI Mehul,

can u please PM the PTE A material. Thanks in Advance.
Sure Mike,

Like to provide, PM your mail id

All the best,

regards,

Mehul

·
Registered
172 Posts
Any suggestions plz
Go for PTE beyond any doubt.
See my signature.
If i can why don't you.

Regards
Gurpreet

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi Kriti,

How was ur exam experience today?
Can you share the essay, short answer questions that you remember please.
Hello to everyone,

I had the exam yesterday, would like to share some questions.

Sorry I was busy with the exam.

Well I think all sections were ok except Reading (I felt i was running out of time, too much to read).

Writing Essay 1: Information revolution has changed the ways of mass communication and had some negative and positive effects on individuals lives as well as on society. To what extent you are agree or disagree
(something like that)

Essay 2: Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. Is it more positive for their future aspect or have some adverse effects. Agree, disagree, give examples from your experience.

Short Answer Questions:-

1. What do you call an equipment we use to look at stars?
I answered: - Telescope

2. What is the chemical name of Gold? Choices: Mg, Au, O2
I answered: - Au

3. How much is the 3 quarters of 100%
I answered: - 75%%

4. Image question: An image appeared on screen where people were dressed in graduation ceremony gowns.
What is the special day as per the picture?
I answered : - Graduation Day (I thought to answer Graduation ceremony :mad:)

Don't remember anything else..

I seriously don't know How I did , m nervous as I had technical error (even after adjusting the volume level, audio was not audible) with my headphone :confused::confused:

Waiting for the result:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

I hope I was able to help a little

Thanks

All the best to all (people waiting for result / people going to attempt PTE)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello to everyone,

I had the exam yesterday, would like to share some questions.

Sorry I was busy with the exam.

Well I think all sections were ok except Reading (I felt i was running out of time, too much to read).

Writing Essay 1: Information revolution has changed the ways of mass communication and had some negative and positive effects on individuals lives as well as on society. To what extent you are agree or disagree
(something like that)

Essay 2: Learning a new language at an early age is helpful for children. Is it more positive for their future aspect or have some adverse effects. Agree, disagree, give examples from your experience.

Short Answer Questions:-

1. What do you call an equipment we use to look at stars?
I answered: - Telescope

2. What is the chemical name of Gold? Choices: Mg, Au, O2
I answered: - Au

3. How much is the 3 quarters of 100%
I answered: - 75%%

4. Image question: An image appeared on screen where people were dressed in graduation ceremony gowns.
What is the special day as per the picture?
I answered : - Graduation Day (I thought to answer Graduation ceremony :mad:)

Don't remember anything else..

I seriously don't know How I did , m nervous as I had technical error (even after adjusting the volume level, audio was not audible) with my headphone :confused::confused:

Waiting for the result:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

I hope I was able to help a little

Thanks

All the best to all (people waiting for result / people going to attempt PTE)
Don't worry Kriti. I was in the same boat last Friday. Technical issues, environmental issues and what not. You will do good. All the best for ur results and let us know.

Thanks,
Nitin

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have booked another test on 5th march, want 79 in each section. As of now I have submitted EOI for 190 visa for Victoria state with 65 points on 6th Feb. If I get 79 in each section, I will change it to 189 category with 65 points.

Thanks,
Nitin

Reactions: saini4english

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Kriti,

All the best for your desired result.

I have one confusion, once we complete our answer during the test, can we move ahead for next que or we should wait until it completed?

thanks
Hi Mandy,
Once you have finished speaking, within 3 seconds, screen will say "completed" then only click next.

There is a difference between normal "completed" (utilizing the whole timeframe) and forced "completed" (Once you stop speaking, within 3 seconds, automatically it will be "completed").
But the KEY is, click "Next" only after "completed" appears on screen.
I am not sure but clicking Next before that, might not register your answer, so try safe option.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks,
Nitin

Reactions: batra786

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Nit,

I see you got a really good score on speaking. Somebody asked this question few pages back, but I'm not sure if it's been answered yet: In sections where you have to talk within a time limit, like in explaining a picture part, should you keep talking until the time is up with a the risk of being cut mid-sentence, or should you stop with a few seconds left on the clock?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have booked another test on 5th march, want 79 in each section. As of now I have submitted EOI for 190 visa for Victoria state with 65 points on 6th Feb. If I get 79 in each section, I will change it to 189 category with 65 points.

Thanks,
Nitin
Hi Nitin,
On curiosity, you stated that filled EOI 190 visa type with 65 points, obviously you have 60 points without SS ( State Sponsorship gains 5 points), in such case you could fill EOI for independent type (189, May it takes 2 or more invitations rounds to get invitation.

BR//
NAGA..

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hi Mandy,
Once you have finished speaking, within 3 seconds, screen will say "completed" then only click next.

There is a difference between normal "completed" (utilizing the whole timeframe) and forced "completed" (Once you stop speaking, within 3 seconds, automatically it will be "completed").
But the KEY is, click "Next" only after "completed" appears on screen.
I am not sure but clicking Next before that, might not register your answer, so try safe option.

Hope this helps. :)

Thanks,
Nitin
Roger that,

Would it be effect time management if I wait to complete the answering process in test?

thanks

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Nit,

I see you got a really good score on speaking. Somebody asked this question few pages back, but I'm not sure if it's been answered yet: In sections where you have to talk within a time limit, like in explaining a picture part, should you keep talking until the time is up with a the risk of being cut mid-sentence, or should you stop with a few seconds left on the clock?
Hi Motoja,
I strongly suggest that you finish your sentence before the time runs out.
I have mentioned in earlier posts as well, personally I felt that your sentences should be grammatically correct and complete without limited hesitations, and you will conquer the Speaking section.

If time runs out, your LAST sentence will not be marked as complete and that will affect your speaking score

Thanks,
Nitin

·
Registered
37 Posts
GUYS,

Just got my PTE scores for what I wrote yesterday. I nailed it. 90 right through!! All Enabling were 90 as well.

I will give more details in a later post, but the sense I have is what people told. Content needs to be related but its your pronunciation, spelling and grammar and your smoothness of speech flow that needs to be good.

I know I made at least 2 mistakes, and in describe image in 2 where I was cut off in the end of 40 secs, but still got 90 in all!!

1741 - 1758 of 1758 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.