Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 1758 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
This exam is very tiring and intense...Reading and speaking is by far more difficult than IELTS. Problem with listening is thete are too many questions to answer. Writing is touch easy. You can't pause during speaking bcoz microphone will turn off if pause of 3 seconds is detected and instantly next speaking question will appear on screen. No time to relax and gather your breath back.

Overall i would rate this exam 15-20% more harder than IELTS. If you are strong in Reading,speaking and listening but need better score in writing then this test is for you. but if its other way round then better to stick with IELTS!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
This exam is very tiring and intense...Reading and speaking is by far more difficult than IELTS. Problem with listening is thete are too many questions to answer. Writing is touch easy. You can't pause during speaking bcoz microphone will turn off if pause of 3 seconds is detected and instantly next speaking question will appear on screen. No time to relax and gather your breath back.

Overall i would rate this exam 15-20% more harder than IELTS. If you are strong in Reading,speaking and listening but need better score in writing then this test is for you. but if its other way round then better to stick with IELTS!!
Hi mate, did you appear for PTE? if so, then may I know ur score?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Danav,

Is the 3 second time limit you are talking about is at the start or even in the middle. What I have read is, when you don't start speaking in the first 3 seconds it will move to next question. But, I haven't seen anywhere about this limit of 3 seconds even in the middle of speaking.

Regards,
Yogesh

·
Registered
175 Posts
Danav,

Is the 3 second time limit you are talking about is at the start or even in the middle. What I have read is, when you don't start speaking in the first 3 seconds it will move to next question. But, I haven't seen anywhere about this limit of 3 seconds even in the middle of speaking.

Regards,
Yogesh
Even if you don't speak for 3 seconds in the middle of recording the question is marked completed.

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks bro received.

Guys just an update from my side, visited the British library in my area and they did not have any books on PEARSON, only IELTS.

I then approached edwise international education consultants (for India their name appears on Pearson website as official coaching partners). They offered me coaching, but I said I just want access to resources, they were hesitant initiatially but eventually agreed! I have to register with them for rs 850 and I will have access to all the resources they have!!

For people in India, edwise can be a very useful option, instead of spending $$.

Reactions: Dhiman2014

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hi Vijendra,

I went through the practice tests using the link given on this thread. The writing test seems to be a guessing game. There is a passage with blanks and a field to input words and hit the 'guess' button. Please let me know if there is another way to do this test.

Best Regards,
Savio

Reactions: kumar21

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Vijendra,

I went through the practice tests using the link given on this thread. The writing test seems to be a guessing game. There is a passage with blanks and a field to input words and hit the 'guess' button. Please let me know if there is another way to do this test.

Best Regards,
Savio
Its not a guessing game. First I also thought its a guessing game but you actually need to type what's in your mind(related to the topic). Check with Edwise as mentioned by other members in the forum.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Its not a guessing game. First I also thought its a guessing game but you actually need to type what's in your mind(related to the topic). Check with Edwise as mentioned by other members in the forum.

Thanks mate... will do that...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ielts,pte,toffel,gre

Hi Vijendra,

Best Regards,
Savio
<PM> I think it is only in the practise test....
The actual test is little different....

In actual test u have to write complete essay (Type in computer) same as IELTS....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Hi Vijendra,

would be glad if you can share pattern of test and question you have got like we share for ielts?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Vijendra,

would be glad if you can share pattern of test and question you have got like we share for ielts?
If you spend some time in the website, it has all the required information!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thanks bro received.

Guys just an update from my side, visited the British library in my area and they did not have any books on PEARSON, only IELTS.

I then approached edwise international education consultants (for India their name appears on Pearson website as official coaching partners). They offered me coaching, but I said I just want access to resources, they were hesitant initiatially but eventually agreed! I have to register with them for rs 850 and I will have access to all the resources they have!!

For people in India, edwise can be a very useful option, instead of spending $$.
Did you met them in person or phone registration was OK?

41 - 60 of 1758 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.