Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1758 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the PTE Academic test. I'm just curious since we got my wife's results from her second IELTS attempt and it is not very encouraging.

Reactions: RMG and hi2guru

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi All,

I got my score today at I scored a total of 69 ie. L:69 R:66 S:72 W:70 really surprised to see my score in 24 hours. Planning to re appear the test after 2 weeks as I need 79 in each band for 20 points. Now I have to practice a lot. :boxing:
Hi vijendra,

Do you know the date when PTE academic score will be accepted by Australia immigration department as its said from november 2014 but not given date?

Reactions: ROYRAJU135

·
Registered
175 Posts
Srilatha said:
Hi vijendra,

Do you know the date when PTE academic score will be accepted by Australia immigration department as its said from november 2014 but not given date?
I don't know the dates and also DIBP has not mentioned about the dates but I have still appeared for the test as it will be a rush in Nov when the dates are out.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hi Vijendra,

you got your result in just 24 hours, how quick they are.....

is it online test and which level I have to take?

thanks
Hi Mandy

It is an online computer based test, from what I have gathered.

Yes, 75% of the students get their results within 48 hours of the test.

Test dates are available as early as a week.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Vijendra,

you got your result in just 24 hours, how quick they are.....

is it online test and which level I have to take?

thanks
Its an online test. The only problem is u have to pay for the practice test. Which is $35. Not enough material available online... I guess u need to do a lot of reading and writing. Read any Chetan Bhagat book I am sure you can score at least 7 by reading those books.
Call up your bank or any call center and speak in English. If you are still unable to catch up with your speaking approach an English professor. I am sure they will help u but they will charge u. Check with the British Council in your city. For listening watch English movies with English subtitles

Regarding your question about the points. My current score will get me 10 points but I want 20 points so will be appearing again for the test in November.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Your score is very good, you can get 10 points from these scores. did you take IELTS? how difficulties can you compare between those kinds of test?

Reactions: ROYRAJU135

·
Registered
175 Posts
Your score is very good, you can get 10 points from these scores. did you take IELTS? how difficulties can you compare between those kinds of test?
Well i did appear for IELTS 2 years ago and I find PTE to be a bit difficult because one needs to be really active... If u don't say a word in 3 seconds for speaking then the question is marked completed and u score 0 for that question.

·
Registered
186 Posts
so your speech would be recorded and evaluated by an examiner or computer?

I took the IELTS test but fail to score 7 for each band, will reappear again in the end of this year. Can I ask your previous IELTS score?

·
Registered
175 Posts
so your speech would be recorded and evaluated by an examiner or computer?

I took the IELTS test but fail to score 7 for each band, will reappear again in the end of this year. Can I ask your previous IELTS score?
Its evaluated by the computer. My IELTS score was L7 R6.5 W 7.5 S7

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks Dear,

Do I need to book PTE academic test for immigration?
You will have options of PTE Academic/IELTS/TOEFL from November 2014 onwards as all these will be accepted.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't know the dates and also DIBP has not mentioned about the dates but I have still appeared for the test as it will be a rush in Nov when the dates are out.
Hi vijendra,

What is your occupation in SOL list?

·
Registered
127 Posts
there are different kind of level in exam. Which I have to select? Like PTE-A...
And how to book exam date?
There are 2 types. PTE Academic and PTE General. You have to select PTE Academic.

You need to register in Pearson website to book the exam.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Its an online test. The only problem is u have to pay for the practice test. Which is $35. Not enough material available online... I guess u need to do a lot of reading and writing. Read any Chetan Bhagat book I am sure you can score at least 7 by reading those books.
Call up your bank or any call center and speak in English. If you are still unable to catch up with your speaking approach an English professor. I am sure they will help u but they will charge u. Check with the British Council in your city. For listening watch English movies with English subtitles

Regarding your question about the points. My current score will get me 10 points but I want 20 points so will be appearing again for the test in November.
Hi Vijendra,
is there any resource material that can help us for the preparation? I appeared twice for IELTS but each time I got 5.5 in reading. Need your help bro.

1 - 20 of 1758 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.