Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helpful people,

I got my PTE result today. Thanks a lot to the posts here that helped me pass the exam.

I usually visited E2 Language YouTube videos for help. And I bought the Test Papers from Amazon - Book name - PTE Academic from Original Test Makers.

I'll be more than happy to any of you in need of any help.

My PTE Result -

L/R/S/W - 88/90/90/83

Overall - 90

Thank you again.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
Helpful people,

I got my PTE result today. Thanks a lot to the posts here that helped me pass the exam.

I usually visited E2 Language YouTube videos for help. And I bought the Test Papers from Amazon - Book name - PTE Academic from Original Test Makers.

I'll be more than happy to any of you in need of any help.

My PTE Result -

L/R/S/W - 88/90/90/83

Overall - 90

Thank you again.

Congratulations and all the best for next steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Maka123

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi, i need help with the speaking section. i have watched all videos from E2Language.

my scores are below.

Education: Bachelor Degree (15 points)
Work Experience: 5 points
PTE Mock A : LRSW 71 67 70 72
PTE Mock B : LRSW 76 72 67 73
PTE Exam 1: LRSW 73 85 65 85 (19 Jun)
PTE Exam 2: LRSW 89 78 65 89 (07 Aug)
ACS Applied: 19th July
ACS In progress status: 20th July
ACS With Assessor: 26th July

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, i need help with the speaking section. i have watched all videos from E2Language.

my scores are below.

Speaking is all about practice. I would suggest you work with someone who can tell you what you did wrong. For me, I tried to speak softly, which is not what I do usually and practised with the testmaker book available on Amazon.

·
Registered
643 Posts

my scores are below.

Abhijeet,

To improve Speaking score, ensure that you practice Describe Image and Re-tell Lecture very well. These two tasks carry the highest weightage.

For Describe Image, Ensure that you provide an introduction to the image that you see. Just talk about what you see. Use a few different words for each sentence. Important that you should keep speaking until about 30 seconds and then conclude.

For Re-tell Lecture, please use the notepad as efficiently as possible and as soon as you start, you just have to read words from notepad and make sentences. Its important to not deviate from topic. And speak as clearly as possible and maintain the flow.

Best of Luck! :fingerscrossed:

16-07-2017 PTE-A LSRW 90,90,90,90 Overall-90 :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
Abhijeet,

To improve Speaking score, ensure that you practice Describe Image and Re-tell Lecture very well. These two tasks carry the highest weightage.

For Describe Image, Ensure that you provide an introduction to the image that you see. Just talk about what you see. Use a few different words for each sentence. Important that you should keep speaking until about 30 seconds and then conclude.

For Re-tell Lecture, please use the notepad as efficiently as possible and as soon as you start, you just have to read words from notepad and make sentences. Its important to not deviate from topic. And speak as clearly as possible and maintain the flow.

Best of Luck! :fingerscrossed:

16-07-2017 PTE-A LSRW 90,90,90,90 Overall-90 :D
wow, your PTE scores are excellent!! was it in first attempt?

i am able to do well in first few Describe Images. and then some tricky graphs/images show up which throw me off balance.

btw, which job code you are trying to apply for?

ACS Received: 11th Aug

·
Registered
643 Posts

i am able to do well in first few Describe Images. and then some tricky graphs/images show up which throw me off balance.

Yes, this was my 1st PTE attempt. :D
I must admit that I practiced for 2 months for the test and was still lacking in confidence on the day of the Test. But I was among the first ones to start the test and that made me comfortable by the time I got to Describe Image.

The trick is to do a lot of mock tests and know what exactly to talk about or describe in an image. Find out the words to use when you are introducing each image. The better the start the higher the points. always start well and try to talk up until 38 seconds atleast :)

I am applying for 261312 Developer Programmer
How about you?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

Hi Abhijeet

Please revisit the parent visa question i replied yday as it looks like we can not include parents now in 189 visa app.

reg. Describe image, the key is to talk. Find some keywords describing graph trends. Always use word "In conclusion" when 30 seconds are over to conclude. WORST CASE - If you can't think anythint then atleast start speaking what you see on the X - Axis. Avoid Y AXIS but if you are able to interpret then do speak.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Abhijeet

Please revisit the parent visa question i replied yday as it looks like we can not include parents now in 189 visa app.

reg. Describe image, the key is to talk. Find some keywords describing graph trends. Always use word "In conclusion" when 30 seconds are over to conclude. WORST CASE - If you can't think anythint then atleast start speaking what you see on the X - Axis. Avoid Y AXIS but if you are able to interpret then do speak.
there are many different methods for DI. I never used in conclusion and one time I even couldnt finish before 40sec and one time finished before 35sec. I mentioned the info on both X and Y axis. first attempt S was 90 and then it was 87. nevertheless, it is always good to have a template and then follow it for every question.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi, i scored an overall 90 too with 90 in LSW and 87 in R with just one month of preparation. Practise is definitely the key. Also, do take a look at E2 language videos on YouTube. They are simply fantastic. He provides a good way and method of how to describe images. Its the technique you should focus on. Pls view the super method video for describe image.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi, i scored an overall 90 too with 90 in LSW and 87 in R with just one month of preparation. Practise is definitely the key. Also, do take a look at E2 language videos on YouTube. They are simply fantastic. He provides a good way and method of how to describe images. Its the technique you should focus on. Pls view the super method video for describe image.

Congrats .. help the new members so that they benefit as well. Best wishes for next stages of your processing

·
Registered
177 Posts
Helpful people,

Can you share the ISBN number of the book because I can't seem to find using the title you have given.

Reactions: braich.abhijeet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello OP,
thanks for sharing your experience. I am new here and just started preparation for PTE test. Could please share some insights regarding preparation. I was looking for online resources to practice, found lot of resources but not sure where to start.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello OP,
thanks for sharing your experience. I am new here and just started preparation for PTE test. Could please share some insights regarding preparation. I was looking for online resources to practice, found lot of resources but not sure where to start.

Thanks
Start in YouTube with E2 language tutorials for each PTE section. Develop templates for each section. Practice thoroughly

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats.

Can you please share the link of PTE academic test maker or suggest some websites for mock tests.

Thanks
I used the 2 paid tests from Pearson and 4 from the Person official test guide from test maker. Nothing else is accurate enough. I willl suggest that you don't go about many websites learning and searching. I honestly think that E2 language and the above will be able to help everyone.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I used the 2 paid tests from Pearson and 4 from the Person official test guide from test maker. Nothing else is accurate enough. I willl suggest that you don't go about many websites learning and searching. I honestly think that E2 language and the above will be able to help everyone.

If you are referring to THIS , the CD does not work , so no practice test. It's waste.

Where did you buy your book?

·
Registered
337 Posts

Did you use their paid services? Is it good?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you are referring to THIS , the CD does not work , so no practice test. It's waste.

Where did you buy your book?
Got it from Amazon. Funny it's not working for you. The audios are actually available on the internet too. I'll try to find and paste the link here.

Kol Tuv.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts