Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 40 of 128 Posts
5000 for travelling in my last post is from Dubai to Sharjah and back. If you land in Sharjah, it will cost you around 3000 Rupees at most. Sorry for the confusion.
Not an issue bro, thanks for your help.

Ahan! And what about the accommodation in Sharjah if we plan to stay for few days?
Well it depends as how you want to stay. There are industry leading as well as reasonable and affordable hotels in Sharjah. Sharjah is much cheaper than Dubai. Then we have Ajman which is cheaper than Sharjah. The travelling time between Ajman to Sharjah is hardly 10 minutes. Sharjah to Dubai is 15 minutes. So, these cities are very close to each other.

Now coming to your question, the hotel that is just in front of the testing centre will cost around 4500 PKR per day. Then there are others, which are not bad either and will cost around 3000 PKR per day. These are good accommodations. If you want to live lavishly, they have Hilton, Marriott, etc. too. So, it comes to your choice of living here.

Don't hesitate to contact if there is any confusion or you require further information.

Regards.

You are most welcome. Let me start with the quickest, where you come in the morning, give the test and then leave in the evening.

* Visa = 9000 PKR
* Ticket = 17,000 PKR
* Test = 27,000 PKR
* Travelling = 5000 PKR --> This is airport pickup to testing venue and then back.

Total is, I guess, approximately 57000 PKR. Lets say that it will take 60,000 to 65000 PKR to get over with IELTS and spearhead the immigration process. It is like giving IELTS three times. I think it is worth it.

Then there is another option that you stay in Sharjah till the time your results are out to plan the future course of events whether to reappear in the test or to go back home happily :).

Feel free to contact in case you have further queries.

Regards.
17000 PKR...Is it return ticket ? ? if yes then please do mention airline.
Exam cost. 27,000 PKR ?
I have contacted a centre in Dubai and they are charging AED 1,150...which is around 32781.

please guide.

Exam cost. 27,000 PKR ?
I have contacted a centre in Dubai and they are charging AED 1,150...which is around 32781.

please guide.
I checked on airarabia for the cost of return trip from Karachi to Sharjah and it is showing around 17000 to me. There is flydubai operating from Pakistan which is a cheap carrier too. Also, if you book in advance on airblue they sometime give you a very reasonable fare. If you know some travel agents, they have seats booked in advance on the flights and they can also extend a reasonable price.

I just verified from the PTE website and they have mentioned that for this region i-e UAE, the test price is AED 980. PTE test takes place everyday, and I think if you book 2 days before the test, you are not charged with late booking fee. Still, for information, their late booking fee is AED 1150, I think. You can verify all this from their website. The Dubai centre is simply looting your money. They are playing foul and I have a rule to discard those who are not honest enough. I recommend the same to you too.

These testing centres have some sort of promotions and discounts associated with tests so let me know when you plan on taking the exam, I'll talk to them and we might be able to bring the testing price further down. I cannot give any guarantee about this but there is no harm in trying.

I think this clears the confusion. Still, if you need anything in this regard, please ask. Also, if you want direct links to the URL of the air carriers, PTE test prices, etc. just let me know.

Regards.

I am unable to PM you.. If you can, please do. Thanks

Can you re-send your message. I don't know how to PM on this blog
You won't be able to send or receive personal messages until shortly after (maybe an hour or two, maybe faster) you have made 5 posts.

At that time just click on the username of the person you want to contact (in any of their posts) and you'll see a send message selection. :)

Go to Amritsar / Ludiana [ India Punjab ]

All you need is BUS fare , arround 2000 PKR [ RETURN TICKET ] .
NO HOTEL OR ANY SUCH KIND OF MESS is required.
Apply for e-visa fees. [ tourist visa ] .

why u wana burn 1 lakh for some test mate ??

Exam cost. 27,000 PKR ?

please guide.

Dear Akhter.
I am also planing for PTE in June first week. Can you please PM me your contact detail so as to share your experience.
Btw Saqi, I am planning at the End of May 2016. My plan isnt confirmed yet.

Sent from my Lenovo S850 using Tapatalk

Go to Amritsar / Ludiana [ India Punjab ]

All you need is BUS fare , arround 2000 PKR [ RETURN TICKET ] .
NO HOTEL OR ANY SUCH KIND OF MESS is required.
Apply for e-visa fees. [ tourist visa ] .

why u wana burn 1 lakh for some test mate ??
We dont get visa from India. And maybe suppose if we get one, then there are many hurdels to face. Its not an easy task.

Sent from my Lenovo S850 using Tapatalk

Pte

Well it depends as how you want to stay. There are industry leading as well as reasonable and affordable hotels in Sharjah. Sharjah is much cheaper than Dubai. Then we have Ajman which is cheaper than Sharjah. The travelling time between Ajman to Sharjah is hardly 10 minutes. Sharjah to Dubai is 15 minutes. So, these cities are very close to each other.

Now coming to your question, the hotel that is just in front of the testing centre will cost around 4500 PKR per day. Then there are others, which are not bad either and will cost around 3000 PKR per day. These are good accommodations. If you want to live lavishly, they have Hilton, Marriott, etc. too. So, it comes to your choice of living here.

Don't hesitate to contact if there is any confusion or you require further information.

Regards.
Mr. Qasim from where you have done the preparation of PTE in Karachi?

Mr. Qasim from where you have done the preparation of PTE in Karachi?
I prepared for PTE on my own. Never went to any training institute and never got the help from a trainer. Although, after passing the exam, I have helped a lot of people in passing their PTE exam. Most of them have easily passed after understanding the tips and tricks. Let me know what help are you looking for? I might be of use here. Thanks.

I have taken PTE Academic from UAE at the beginning of this year and I am from Pakistan :)

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken IELTS twice and this time I managed to score 8 bands in both Reading and Speaking but I got 0.5 bands less in Listening and Writing. This has driven me to a point of frustration. So, I have decided to take PTE Academic.

I'm preparing for PTE on my own via this site and Youtube videos. However, Sir, your guidance to us will be highly helpful and I would really appreciate if you please guide me on how to deal with "Re-tell lecture" and "Summarize Spoken Text".

Can you also please tell me how many questions do we get in Reading? I'm particularly referring to the MCQ-single answer based questions and multiple answers based questions too.

Thank you for your reply.

I have taken IELTS twice and this time I managed to score 8 bands in both Reading and Speaking but I got 0.5 bands less in Listening and Writing. This has driven me to a point of frustration. So, I have decided to take PTE Academic.

I'm preparing for PTE on my own via this site and Youtube videos. However, Sir, your guidance to us will be highly helpful and I would really appreciate if you please guide me on how to deal with "Re-tell lecture" and "Summarize Spoken Text".

Can you also please tell me how many questions do we get in Reading? I'm particularly referring to the MCQ-single answer based questions and multiple answers based questions too.
Ouch. Missing the bar with only 0.5 is sheer hard luck. How much are you aiming for, in actual?

In my opinion, the essential part of passing the PTE exam is to understand the format of the exam so clearly that when the question pops up in the real exam, you are already familiar with the answer that the particular question requires. Please consult this website www.practicepte.com to understand the format of the exam. Don't buy any practice tests from this website, just understand the format.

By the way, as you have already scored well in IELTS, PTE will be relatively easy for you. Aim for 79+ in all formats.

The answers to your other questions are already available on the above mentioned website. Still, if you have any further queries, please feel free to ask.

Thanks.

21 - 40 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.