Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am unable to locate test centers in Pearson website, can any kind soul guide me that how can I appear in PTE-Academic test from Pakistan?

·
Registered
85 Posts
PTE-A is not offered in Pakistan, if I'm not mistaken. It's not offered in Russia -- where I'm from -- either, and I'm going to travel to a nearby country to take PTE-A. You can do the same. When choosing the country, you should consider both ticket costs and exam costs, as they differ from country to country.

·
Registered
267 Posts
PTE-A in currently unavailable in all over the Pakistan,Unfortunately I hard to find the center at Dammam Saudi Arabia.

Reactions: nickchik

·
Registered
63 Posts
Default PTE-A in Pakistan
Hello

I heard getting 7 in PTE-A is a lot easier than IELTS, but sadly you can't give PTE-A in Pakistan and the only way to sit in PTE is to fly to Dubai which will cost you you almost double the examanitaion fee.

Any one from Pakistan knows any inexpensive way so please share.

I found this link from the Internet and they ask to mail your interest of taking the exam on their and Pearson email and they might arrange a PTE-A examination in Pakistan...

What do you guys say.... Is it worth a try or not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PTE Academic Information

For test takers who are applying for visas and immigration, PTE Academic is suitable due to wider acceptability.

For PTE Academic Testing kindly send a request to ICD at info(at)icd.org.pk with preferred date & copy that to pte-acustomersupportapac(at)pearson.com

PTE A testing is not started yet and on demand PTE A team will respond to you on possible testing schedule for Pakistan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Default PTE-A in Pakistan
Hello

I heard getting 7 in PTE-A is a lot easier than IELTS, but sadly you can't give PTE-A in Pakistan and the only way to sit in PTE is to fly to Dubai which will cost you you almost double the examanitaion fee.

Any one from Pakistan knows any inexpensive way so please share.

I found this link from the Internet and they ask to mail your interest of taking the exam on their and Pearson email and they might arrange a PTE-A examination in Pakistan...

What do you guys say.... Is it worth a try or not?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PTE Academic Information

For test takers who are applying for visas and immigration, PTE Academic is suitable due to wider acceptability.

For PTE Academic Testing kindly send a request to ICD at info(at)icd.org.pk with preferred date & copy that to pte-acustomersupportapac(at)pearson.com

PTE A testing is not started yet and on demand PTE A team will respond to you on possible testing schedule for Pakistan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already tried contacting them regarding the same, hoping if its available in Pakistan. I don't see any way of achieving score in IELTS. Below is the response I got from Pearson:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: PTE Academic
Cc: Institute of Career Development <[email protected]>

Dear Athar,
Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE.

Unfortunately, we do not have any PTE test center in Pakistan.

If you have any further questions or inquiries, please contact us again.

Regards,

Ashwani G

​PTE Support Team​

Pearson VUE Customer Service | Asia-Pacific Region

[email protected]

Please visit: Customer Service :: Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) for a complete list of our contact numbers.

Pearson

Always Learning
Learn more at www.pearsonvue.com

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello

I contacted Mr. Usama on 03218425011 of ICD.ORG.PK

He told me that they are conducting PTE GENERAL test for the last couple of years, and as the demand of PTE-A increases because of the aus immi, they might start taking the academic test as well but they needed the the number (business Bulls-it) before starting it. Mr. Usama told me to drop an email on both ICD and PTE mailing address. I didnt see any harm in mailing them and that's why I shared the info here, may be this forum could generate the numbers which force these business men to start the PTE-A in Pakistan.

Regards

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hello

I contacted Mr. Usama on 03218425011 of ICD.ORG.PK

He told me that they are conducting PTE GENERAL test for the last couple of years, and as the demand of PTE-A increases because of the aus immi, they might start taking the academic test as well but they needed the the number (business Bulls-it) before starting it. Mr. Usama told me to drop an email on both ICD and PTE mailing address. I didnt see any harm in mailing them and that's why I shared the info here, may be this forum could generate the numbers which force these business men to start the PTE-A in Pakistan.

Regards
Thats good. Hoping for their start in Pakistan soon. Please do update if you receive any progress related to it. Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thats good. Hoping for their start in Pakistan soon. Please do update if you receive any progress related to it. Thanks.
I have called them today, and they are saying, they are conducted PTE General Test not PTE Academic Test.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have called them today, and they are saying, they are conducted PTE General Test not PTE Academic Test.

Regards.
Yes, but they are soon about to start it in Pakistan. They are referring to the demand of PTE-Academic.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

Regards.
It's better if you can email to [email protected] and request / ask for start of PTE Academic in Pakistan. Some of them including me have already done so. Might be this way they may think and consider for the demand of it and start here. Do copy [email protected]

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, but they are soon about to start it in Pakistan. They are referring to the demand of PTE-Academic.
That's good. I have sent email to ICD and Pearson.

I am planing to go to Dubai in May. Do you really think they will start conducting this exam in Pakistan ?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
That's good. I have sent email to ICD and Pearson.

I am planing to go to Dubai in May. Do you really think they will start conducting this exam in Pakistan ?
Yes. I have also attended ICD seminar the previous Sunday here in Karachi. They said they are soon starting PTE Academic in Pakistan but they didn't give me any date yet, not even a tentative date when I asked for. Since I am starting now for CAE preparatory classes with them from next week, thats why they invited me to their seminar. I don't see any hope in IELTS now. They have made this a business, a money making machine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
PTE test in Sharjah

They are feeding you the wrong information. PTE-Academic will not start anytime soon in Pakistan. The test has been banned since 2011. As far as I know, PTE-Academic is closely related to US Policies in the world. The test does not happen in Iran and Russia too. These words were shared with an insider in PTE. PTE has much more demand in Russia as compared to Pakistan. So, once it opens up there we can dream of its opening in Pakistan.

Anyway, I would recommend, book a cheap flight to Sharjah from Pakistan and register for PTE test at Score Testing Center Sharjah. It is one of the finest in the vicinity. The purpose of giving the test in Sharjah is that you will have very few candidates, hardly one or two, giving the test along with you on the testing day whereas Dubai testing centres are usually filled with 8-10 candidates giving test at a time. If you are familiar with PTE Speaking/listening modules then you must be aware that less the people, the better it is. Furthermore, the result is out in usually 48 hours and if you fail, you have the option to reappear in the test in 5 days. There is no long wait as compared to IELTS and the PTE test is all computer based.

Yes it is true that it is easier than IELTS. If you score 5.5 or 6 in IELTS, you can achieve 7+ in PTE with no or very minimal training of how to tackle the test. If you have secured 7-7.5 in IELTS you can get 8.5-9.0 in PTE without any training or so. You just need to know the format of the test.

After me, four of my friends came from Pakistan to Sharjah to appear for the test and all of them acquired the desired result. So, I would definitely propose that, if possible, opt for this solution instead of wasting money and time on IELTS.

I am in Sharjah these days. Let me know if you need any further help in this regard and I will be more than willing to help.

Best of Luck.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
They are feeding you the wrong information. PTE-Academic will not start anytime soon in Pakistan. The test has been banned since 2011. As far as I know, PTE-Academic is closely related to US Policies in the world. The test does not happen in Iran and Russia too. These words were shared with an insider in PTE. PTE has much more demand in Russia as compared to Pakistan. So, once it opens up there we can dream of its opening in Pakistan.

Anyway, I would recommend, book a cheap flight to Sharjah from Pakistan and register for PTE test at Score Testing Center Sharjah. It is one of the finest in the vicinity. The purpose of giving the test in Sharjah is that you will have very few candidates, hardly one or two, giving the test along with you on the testing day whereas Dubai testing centres are usually filled with 8-10 candidates giving test at a time. If you are familiar with PTE Speaking/listening modules then you must be aware that less the people, the better it is. Furthermore, the result is out in usually 48 hours and if you fail, you have the option to reappear in the test in 5 days. There is no long wait as compared to IELTS and the PTE test is all computer based.

Yes it is true that it is easier than IELTS. If you score 5.5 or 6 in IELTS, you can achieve 7+ in PTE with no or very minimal training of how to tackle the test. If you have secured 7-7.5 in IELTS you can get 8.5-9.0 in PTE without any training or so. You just need to know the format of the test.

After me, four of my friends came from Pakistan to Sharjah to appear for the test and all of them acquired the desired result. So, I would definitely propose that, if possible, opt for this solution instead of wasting money and time on IELTS.

I am in Sharjah these days. Let me know if you need any further help in this regard and I will be more than willing to help.

Best of Luck.
Thanks a lot friend for your information. It is really very informative. Many of us here are struggling to get 7 in IELTS. I will surely think over this for now as I don't see any other way around. Can you please estimate a tentative idea on how much it would total cost in PKR for the trip to Sharjah?

Regards

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks a lot friend for your information. It is really very informative. Many of us here are struggling to get 7 in IELTS. I will surely think over this for now as I don't see any other way around. Can you please estimate a tentative idea on how much it would total cost in PKR for the trip to Sharjah?

Regards
Thanks a lot Qasim for this information.
I am also planing for the same exam.

AkhtarAli can we talk and discuss about the same.

Regards.

Reactions: qasim9

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks a lot Qasim for this information.
I am also planing for the same exam.

AkhtarAli can we talk and discuss about the same.

Regards.
Sure bro. I will now also think over the same. Have sent you a PM.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Regards
You are most welcome. Let me start with the quickest, where you come in the morning, give the test and then leave in the evening.

* Visa = 9000 PKR
* Ticket = 17,000 PKR
* Test = 27,000 PKR
* Travelling = 5000 PKR --> This is airport pickup to testing venue and then back.

Total is, I guess, approximately 57000 PKR. Lets say that it will take 60,000 to 65000 PKR to get over with IELTS and spearhead the immigration process. It is like giving IELTS three times. I think it is worth it.

Then there is another option that you stay in Sharjah till the time your results are out to plan the future course of events whether to reappear in the test or to go back home happily :).

Feel free to contact in case you have further queries.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
You are most welcome. Let me start with the quickest, where you come in the morning, give the test and then leave in the evening.

* Visa = 9000 PKR
* Ticket = 17,000 PKR
* Test = 27,000 PKR
* Traveling = 5000 PKR --> This is airport pickup to testing venue and then back.

Total is, I guess, approximately 57000 PKR. Lets say that it will take 60,000 to 65000 PKR to get over with IELTS and spearhead the immigration process. It is like giving IELTS three times. I think it is worth it.

Then there is another option that you stay in Sharjah till the time your results are out to plan the future course of events whether to reappear in the test or to go back home happily :).

Feel free to contact in case you have further queries.

Regards.
Ahan! And what about the accommodation in Sharjah if we plan to stay for few days?

1 - 20 of 128 Posts