Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am planning to take the PTE Academic Aug 1st week. Can anyone help me on the PTE Practice test and materials ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi

no much materials are shared....You will have to buy books PTE official guide and McMillan book...

Reactions: pavanpreet kaur

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Which book is good : THE OFFICIAL GUIDE TO PTE ACADEMIC or PRACTICE TESTS PLUS: WITH CD-ROM. Please advise. I see McMillan book is not on the official course test book from Pearson site anymore.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Official guide is to get familiar with the test format.....not of much use for preparation...Mcmillan test builder is good...I'm yet to find the best book in the market;-)

Reactions: rahulnair

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi people,

For the convenience of everyone i have put all the PTE materials at one place and people can download the same from there. The material got the Macmillan PTE academic test builder book plus its cd which got the practice tests and also there's an another .ISO file which i haven't checked yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/13non7lhdwefotp/AADfiVvjkea7xaz42rFRiaSta?dl=0

Do let me know if someone needed the pearson official guide's cd to be shared i'll do the needful.

Regards
Sameer

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi people,

For the convenience of everyone i have put all the PTE materials at one place and people can download the same from there. The material got the Macmillan PTE academic test builder book plus its cd which got the practice tests and also there's an another .ISO file which i haven't checked yet.

Do let me know if someone needed the pearson official guide's cd to be shared i'll do the needful.

Regards
Sameer
Congrats on your Visa :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
There are 3 parts
Part 1: Speaking and Writing
(Approximately 77-93 minutes)
Section 1: Personal introduction
In this section, you are given a prompt and are asked to introduce yourself orally. You speak about yourself for up to 30 seconds. This is not assessed but is sent to institutions along with your score report.

Section 2: Read aloud
In this section, you are given a text (up to 60 words) and are asked to read the text aloud. You do six to seven of these items, depending on the combination of items in your test.

Section 2: Repeat sentence
In this section, you hear a sentence. You are asked to repeat the sentence exactly as you heard it. You
do ten to twelve of these items, depending on the combination of items in your test.

Section 2: Describe image
In this section, you are given an image (picture, graph, table, etc.). You are asked to describe in detail what the image is showing. You do six to seven of these items, depending on the combination of items in your test.

Section 2: Re-tell lecture
In this section, you hear a lecture. You are asked to retell the lecture in your own words. You do three to four of these items, depending on the combination of items in your test.

Section 2: Answer short question
In this section, you are asked a question, the answer to which is a word or short phrase. You
do ten to twelve of these items, depending on the combination of items in your test.

Sections 3-4: Summarize written text
In these sections, you read a text (up to 300 words). You are then asked to summarize the text
in one sentence. You are given ten minutes to write each summary sentence.

Section 5: Summarize written text 1 Write essay
This section is either a Summarize written text task or a Write essay task (see Section 6), depending on the combination of items in your test.

Section 6: Write essay
In this section, you are given a prompt to read. You are then asked to write an essay (200-300 words). You are given twenty minutes to write your essay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tanxxxxx

Hi people,

Regards
Sameer

Tanx a lot sameer.that helped many of us a great deal.is there any way to share the cd?

·
Registered
367 Posts
just go to "kat.cr" and search for PTE, in the books section you will find the test builder, download it from there, quick and easy ... :)

Reactions: rahulnair

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi sameer, guys

I am unable to access the link provided, it presents an error message ERROR 404
Can you pls advise if the link is still active?

Hi people,

Regards
Sameer

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I received ACS assessment yesterday positively for ICT Business Analyst.

It seems my points would be 55 . Could you please suggest I need to go for sponsorship 190 visa ?
Can I get easily sponsorship?
Can I give PTE IELTS academic?

Regards
Ajay

·
Registered
367 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I received ACS assessment yesterday positively for ICT Business Analyst.

It seems my points would be 55 . Could you please suggest I need to go for sponsorship 190 visa ?
Can I get easily sponsorship?
Can I give PTE IELTS academic?

Regards
Ajay
For 190 SS Visa, currently your occupation is OPEN in NSW and Victoria.
1. Whether you can get sponsorship easily depends on the requirements of that particular state, like for Victoria you need 7 bands in all the modules. Plz check the requirements for both NSW and Victoria, if you meet them, you will get sponsorship.
2. Yes you can surely give PTE academic, for IELTS you need General.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

Can some one please help me? I have the official book for PTE and the cd but the tests does not seem to be scored.

How can I take an exam which has a score please?I want to know where I stand and prepare accordingly.kindly help.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Hi all,

Can some one please help me? I have the official book for PTE and the cd but the tests does not seem to be scored.

How can I take an exam which has a score please?I want to know where I stand and prepare accordingly.kindly help.
Hi mahima,

Can you please share the official book and cd?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts