Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I tried IELTS once, without any kind of study, I just gave a shot at Road to IELTS tests a couple of days before the exam to familiarize myself with the exam questions.
My results:
R:9, L:9, W:6.5, S:7

I didn't like the way the exam was organized, too much waiting, and from what I read scores are not always fair. Also, I feel like getting 8.0 in each band would be too difficult (and could be a lottery) and from what I heard it could be easier to get PTE 79+.

From your experience, do you think it's feasible?
I know I must practice (especially grammar and vocabulary) and I'm ready for it but I need extra motivation from you guys ;)

Thank you all.

Aurélien.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi All,

I tried IELTS once, without any kind of study, I just gave a shot at Road to IELTS tests a couple of days before the exam to familiarize myself with the exam questions.
My results:
R:9, L:9, W:6.5, S:7

I didn't like the way the exam was organized, too much waiting, and from what I read scores are not always fair. Also, I feel like getting 8.0 in each band would be too difficult (and could be a lottery) and from what I heard it could be easier to get PTE 79+.

From your experience, do you think it's feasible?
I know I must practice (especially grammar and vocabulary) and I'm ready for it but I need extra motivation from you guys ;)

Thank you all.

Aurélien.
if u give PTE tomorrow also, u ll get 65+ (7) easily.
for 79+ u may need some tricks and bit of luck........... But u can get 79
+, if u work little hard. Difficult in IELTS to get 8 in all.

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

It gives me some reasons to hope :)

What do you think of study packages on line like the one provided by e2language.com?

·
Registered
458 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I dont remember having score card.. you can see answers by other users also and other users would have rated the answers...

·
Registered
106 Posts
You can also buy pte mock test by Pearson, guess there are around 60 USD. Though they are tough but u will get much better score in actual test.

They really helped me

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
I already bought gold kit. My first mock was disaster. L74 R58 S63 W70. I ll try second one tomorrow and real test next week Wed. Any last day tips ? My vocabulary weak and i started to note down all new words. Any kind of advice welcome. I need 79.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been reading this forum for two years now before coming to Melbourne, as a silent reader. Have not posted anything yet because the preparation methods and mindset of people differ. I used to take screenshots of people's signature where they've displayed their scores as 90 in all sections of PTE and I used to wonder how people score a perfect 90 before I took my PTE test. I've read people's success stories and strategies on how they scored their marks.

Now I'm tempted to write my opinion in few words. I'm not sure on what parameters they (the computer) score our test. To be frank, I didn't know what happened in the two hours when I actually gave my test. Don't remember a thing. I've seen people discussing how much they would score and how much they would lose. I didn't do that calculations. As far as I know, except speaking rest of the sections were okay. But still I wasn't sure if all my answers were correct in reading and listening sections. In speaking, I used my native language at times and I smiled at myself for using other languages in between the description of the images. I knew I might get poor scores. I received my scores exactly in 24 hours and I couldn't believe my eyes. I scored 85 in speaking and 90 in the rest.
Referred videos: None
Referred websites: None
Practice tests(timed or untimed): None
Money spent for books, online courses, coaching: None
Referred books: only Macmillan testbuilder first two sample tests
Understanding the test pattern: one day, few weeks before the exam with friends
Practiced days: The day before the exam(1 day)
Spent time on: Essay structure, practising a couple of re-arrange paragraphs and glance on other sections.
This worked for me. Rest is upto your imagination, confidence, tense-free approach and proper time management.
PS: I haven't taken IELTS so no clue about that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts