Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am just about to qualify as a Clinical Psychologist in the UK. It has always been my dream to live in spain. I have been looking into being a psychologist in spain but am finding it hard to find alot of information.

Would anyone know if there is much opportunity to work as a non spanish speaker within the psychology field in spain. I am not overly optimistic but any information would be greatly received.

Thanks

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
You could try the areas that mickbcn has suggested, but I think wherever you go you're going to need Spanish at some level - if only to talk to colleagues, institutes etc. You may also need to get your qualifications ratified and translated into Spanish?????

Maybe an international school where most of the staff and pupils speak English???

Jo xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. Some good ideas. Any suggestions how best to find the international schools/ hospitals? Or are there any relevant employment agencies?

Yes, It is definately my intention to learn spanish, I doubt I will ever get to a standard to be confident treating patients tho

·
Registered
785 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts