Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEllo
I am in PSW visa from 2012 feb till 2014 feb. I was in committed relationship and got married (british spouse) three months back. I worked as a software engineer for a company for five months and completed their project and earned around 8k. From April till now i am looking for job and getting lots of interviews but not getting get job offer despite getting shortlisted probably because of insufficient visa to remain. My wife she is student in university and we live together.
I am freaking out to get a job and failing with all skills i have because of visa. What is the best you guys can suggest me to do??

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
If you can't meet the financial requirement, you cannot switch to leave to remain as spouse. Unless you can get a graduate level job paying at least £20,600 and are able to switch to Tier 2 General with sponsorship, your option is limited.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for prompt reply!!
I didnt mention that i had started a cyber cafe and computer repair shop and i am the sole director of this ltd company from this August 2013. how can i use income from this ? as i dont pay salary to myself, how can i utilise this?

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
You must be in business for at least a year with annual account and tax papers, so you can't use the income from it to support your application for spouse leave, and there isn't a suitable visa category to switch into to continue your self-employment.

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
Do you have £200,000 capital or £50,000 in certain limited cases? And AFAIK it has to be a new business or an existing UK business you are taking over. If you have that much money, you can get spouse leave on savings alone - £62,500.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have invested 16k already, and remaining amount to be dispersed in uk can be in third party account too isnt it? if my friend wants to support me and he has got that much fund and gives a letter that he is willing to invest, then wil it work out?

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
No. It must be all your own money, and you can't get Tier 1 entrepreneur visa to carry on running your own business already established. You must start a new business or taking a substantial and controlling stake in an existing UK business that is run by someone else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.