Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am having 9+ yrs of experience in IT industry working as Team Lead and worked for MNCs, I am planning to apply PR for Australia, can anyone tell me planning to sibmit my skill assessment this month.

I heard that PRs are closed for Software programers, is it true?

I haeard that there is a occupatonal celling on software engineers, will this have any effect if I apply for subclass 189 independent visa?

Thank you in advance..:mad:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi All,

I am having 9+ yrs of experience in IT industry working as Team Lead and worked for MNCs, I am planning to apply PR for Australia, can anyone tell me planning to sibmit my skill assessment this month.

I heard that PRs are closed for Software programers, is it true?

I haeard that there is a occupatonal celling on software engineers, will this have any effect if I apply for subclass 189 independent visa?

Thank you in advance..:mad:

go to immi.gov.au read about visa 189 and 199 and then check skill select occupational ceilings.

·
Registered
637 Posts
go to immi.gov.au read about visa 189 and 199 and then check skill select occupational ceilings.
I am sure Mr.Yadav meant 190 and not 199. :rolleyes:

No PRs are not closed, yet. Yes there is a occupational ceiling - only X number of software engineers can apply. Yes it will have affect on a 189 application.

I would recommend you read more about it on diac site and search this forum. Make an attempt to understand the process. If you have any questions, the forum is ready to help you.

Reactions: v_yadav

·
Registered
645 Posts
I am sure Mr.Yadav meant 190 and not 199. :rolleyes:

No PRs are not closed, yet. Yes there is a occupational ceiling - only X number of software engineers can apply. Yes it will have affect on a 189 application.

I would recommend you read more about it on diac site and search this forum. Make an attempt to understand the process. If you have any questions, the forum is ready to help you.
:wacko: yes i meant 190 , thanks Mr. HappyBudhdha :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Please don't spread panic by creating froum post with such a scary subject . First go through the forum posts. There is tons of information available on this topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts