Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to apply for PRP based on critical skills (at Cape Town VFS), I graduated with a critical skill from SA univesity in 2011.

For proof of funds: My bank is based in Namibia, is 3 months bank statement from them enough for a proof if funds? Or do I need to make a different plan?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok, it will be scanned copies that they will email me, that is still fine?
Not sure about that - as it can be fussy - can't they mail you the originals or have someone pick them up and courier them to you. While logically speaking, they may accept them, you don't want to delay the application for this technicality

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you are applying locally you will need to use local banking details
Hi,

I want to apply for PRP based on critical skills (at Cape Town VFS), I graduated with a critical skill from SA univesity in 2011.

For proof of funds: My bank is based in Namibia, is 3 months bank statement from them enough for a proof if funds? Or do I need to make a different plan?
I would recommend you use a local bank account (transfer the money to a local account in your name). Adjudicators tend to be more thorough when it comes to PR applications. Even if your application succeed, it might take longer because of that. Foreign bank accounts would also work to your disadvantage because they don't give the adjudicators confidence in your application due to difficulty in verifying legitimacy and of course scanned documents would have the same effect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts