Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Liz wants to start learning to drive, so I would like to know if anyone has experience here with obtaining a provisional drivers license, what the process is, what is required, etc?

Is it a simple as in the UK? I would guess not..........

Please remember that Liz is American and not an EU citizen, though she does have her yellow slip.

Thanks in advance.
Zach

·
Banned
1,576 Posts
Hey All,

Liz wants to start learning to drive, so I would like to know if anyone has experience here with obtaining a provisional drivers license, what the process is, what is required, etc?

Is it a simple as in the UK? I would guess not..........

Please remember that Liz is American and not an EU citizen, though she does have her yellow slip.

Thanks in advance.
Zach
Cyprus Provisional / Learner / Student driving licence. What is required and how to apply for a Cyprus provisional driving licence.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The test is a short verbal one, in Greek or English, on traffic signs and the Highway Code.
If I get Liz a copy of the UK highway code, or a UK highway code study book, would this pretty much cover what is on the cypriot test?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi zach
I have the Cyprus book and your welcome to photocopy it! Which driving school will Liz be using? Its just that I've had many lessons in the UK and also in Cyprus and im determined to go for the test now (couldnt afford to do it last year) so I just need a good instructor for minimum lessons...let me know if you have had any recommendations please.

Racheal

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the Cypriot highway code available in English? I figured it would be in greek only.

No idea on what school we will use yet. Focused on getting the provisional license first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looking at the link Anders posted, it would seem that the yellow slip would be sufficient to use as proof of residence over 6months in Cyprus. I dont think nationality is an issue. Liz will need to pass the sight test and correctly answer the Highway Code questions after paying the €20 for the provisional licence.
My version of the Cyprus Highway Code booklet is definatley in english! Perhaps its just the PDF version thats available in greek only

Racheal

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Racheal,

In that case, I would definetly appreciate getting a photocopy of your book sometime during the week. I see you're in Mesogi. Any copy places near you?

Zach

1 - 10 of 10 Posts