Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I just started completing an EOI for myself and my boyfriend. I'm fairly clued up with everything except for the proving we can speak an acceptable level of English part. It seems so complicated! We were both born and raised in the UK and English is the only language we know. I'm curious how did others prove this part when they applied to emigrate? And for those who took the exam - how easy/difficult was it? I'm worried as my boyfriend has difficultly with writing (not good at spelling and gets his their, they're, theres mixed up, etc).

Many thanks!
Paula

·
Super Moderator
4,951 Posts
You shouldn't need to prove it in a physical sense since you are born and bred from the UK from parents who are also English and born and bred from English parents and it is and has been the only language that you have ever known and all study has been completed in the UK etc etc.
You just have to point this out in the relevant area of the EOI......if I remember correctly ?

So, for immigration purposes you should be fine. If you seek work in an occupation that requires professional registration you may still need to take and pass IELTS as it is mandatory for some registration boards, irrespective of your history or citizenship or upbringing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.