Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are very health oriented, which is why we are still so athletic at age 62. I am wondering where I can buy protein mix at a reasonable price near Foix or Luchon, possibly Andorra. Also does anyone have experience with bringing protein mix in their luggage?

·
Administrator
49,988 Posts
If you can't find a "health food" store in the area, check Amazon.fr in their "Compléments alimentaires" section. Or try BIOVEA FR: Vente de DHEA, Mélatonine, Minoxidil, Glucosamine, Acai, Resveratrol, Maca, Yohimbe, Hoodia, 5-HTP, Tribulus, Testosterone, Xenadrine, Antioxydants, Vitamines which carries lots of US brands of supplements and food supplements. Not cheap, but delivered to your door with no muss and no fuss. There are some other online "health food supplement" stores, but I've never really tried them.

You might also check any shop that calls itself a "parapharmacie" - sometimes you can find them in a mall or large shopping center in France. These carry what you might consider "drug store" type items that aren't subject to prescriptions or other restrictions in where they can be sold. The parapharmacie in the shopping mall near where I live carries a couple different types of protein powders.

Amazon.co.uk carries some "health food" type products that can be shipped to France, but the shipping costs may well exceed the cost of the product. There are a number of online shops in the UK you can check, too, including Boots and some of the vendors that sell through Amazon.co.uk.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
154 Posts
In case it's not too late: the sports chain Decathlon (somewhat like Sports Authority and the like) carries some protein powders, I saw the other day. (I was looking at the carb powders. :) ) There's a Decathlon in Foix.

The main brand they carry is Aptonia. Aptonia - Decathlon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.