Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a property in Aegina. My accountant (who has satisfactorily always submitted my Tax forms for me) tells me that she has no idea whether and how I have to pay the new tax on property in May. I've paid the two installents of the emergency property tax on my DEI bills. What is this new tax that is supposedly paid in 5 installments? Can anyone clarify the situation for me, PLEASE?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yeah, you will have to pay it. They have said that they will continue billing through the DEI bills, starting after Easter. You should get your next bill soon. Just continue paying it the same way as before, with your DEI bill. Nothing has changed for 2012.

Supposedly it will change in 2013 but it's way too early to worry about that as we all know it could change four more times by then... :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Thanks for that very prompt reply - it's very helpful. Roughly what sort of %age are we talking about?

Yeah, you will have to pay it. They have said that they will continue billing through the DEI bills, starting after Easter. You should get your next bill soon. Just continue paying it the same way as before, with your DEI bill. Nothing has changed for 2012.

Supposedly it will change in 2013 but it's way too early to worry about that as we all know it could change four more times by then... :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.