Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I thought I would post my own thread about this instead of "stealing" someone else's lime light so to speak..

I plan on applying for a marriage visa next week. But I need to return to SA as I have some things I need to sort out and family to say goodbye to while I apply for my spouse visa.

You have to show proof that you will return to your home country.

1) I will have a letter of employment to show that I will be coming back to work for a month (film industry). I work in finance currently but I have worked in Film production in the past and a friend is willing to put me on a job in January.

2) I will have proof of a paid return flight.

3) My question lies with proving that you have not over stayed in the past. I have travelled all over the world on family holidays and never over stayed. But my parents always dealt with the admin and visa apps. How will I prove that I as an individual have never overstayed in any other country? Will this be shown in my passport ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !! :D:D:D

Thanking you in advance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh really?? :D

slight bit of relief there... Are you sure? I'm so confused. I was told a couple times that I did need to prove that I would be returning.

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Returning home is one thing (which is a burden of proof that you must fulfill) whilst overstaying is something that the relevant government (in this case the UKBA) must prove. If you don't have any adverse immigration history, then there would be no record of it in their files and as such, there is the proof that you're not an overstay risk.

Reactions: Poco

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, the burden of proof does not fall on you, especially where it does not exist. Consider this; if you've never been married, are you required to submit a divorce certificate?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh that makes SO much sense now!! thank you to both of you !! :) :) you have both been such a HUGE help!! I really appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.