Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can somebody advise me about proof of return for a general Visitor Visa? My main priority personally is getting the Fiance Visa approved and then switched into Spouse Visa but I have a couple of friends from non-EU countries who wish to come to stay with me in the UK for visits of around 7-14 days at different points in time and reading a different thread, it seems a Visitor Visa can be difficult to obtain because of what might be classed as insufficient proof of return to their home country.

If someone wishes to enter as a general visitor for a period of two weeks and provides return tickets (I appreciate the UKBA advise not to book travel until a decision has been made), contract of employment from a long-standing employment in their home country along with a letter from their employer confirming vacation dates, payslips, bank statements and lease of their apartment in their home country, is this sufficient proof of return for a visitor Visa to be granted?

I am only interested in proof of return being met, both individuals wish to travel at different times and have different itineraries in mind and all other support documentation requirements will be met. Any advice/ information in addition to the statements on the UKBA site (thanks Hertsfem!) would be appreciated.

The above I have listed are things that I know both can provide, would they be sufficient documents for proof of return or are additional documents required?

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
They should be sufficient, but not knowing their exact personal circumstances, there may be other documents or evidence you should send in addition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.