Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - just asking what to submit for proof of relationship when you live together (have so for ten years in Australia after we got married in the uk ten years ago) -

I have a stack of joint bills I have been collecting since we have decided to move back to the UK - should these span a certain amount of years ago?

Pictures - unfortunately, I have gone through the past few years of photos, and there isn't actually any photos of us together - they are either me and the kids, or my wife and the kids, as it is usually one of us taking a photo. We are gong to make sure we both appear in a few photos from now on (selfies etc!) but I was wondering how long a time line we should be establishing - we have our wedding from ten years ago, and the odd photo from that time but hardly any together in the last 5 years...

We don't have the usually quoted skype/imessage/whats app screen shots- I do however have a stack of emails from my work email account about "whats for dinner - what do you want me to grab on the way home" - I'm not trying to be smart as I think using them as evidence will be pretty poor! does there need to be more concrete evidence that we are together?

Is there anything else that a together couple should be submitting?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I couldn't believe how few pictures my husband and I had together! We've been married for 13 years together for 15 and we also seem to take them of one another! When we were waiting for his fiancé visa to come to the U.S. we were constantly taking photos together as future proof.
I actually put in one photo from before marriage, one wedding photo and 3 horrible ones I found on various friend's Facebook pages and saved and had printed. Then I used our child's birth certificate as proof, marriage certificate, and dug up random bills and mortgage statements from over the years, a life insurance form with me as the beneficiary, water bill, tax form. I didn't worry as much about the pics as finding things for every other year or so showing that we've been living a life together. I hope it's enough but I found it challenging to prove when you don't Skype or FaceTime or whatever anymore :)
Good luck.

Reactions: holmesy

·
Registered
39,063 Posts
If you have been married for 10 years, all you need are joint bills, accounts, tenancies or mortgage statement spread evenly throughout your time together. You don't really need Skype (unless you have lived apart for a significant period, like for job reasons) or photos.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.