Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need proof that my spouse and I live together. We have the original marriage certificate but since we moved less than a year ago to a new country my spouse has no utility bills or a bank statement that's shows my spouses address or name.

What else can you send?

·
Registered
355 Posts
We need proof that my spouse and I live together. We have the original marriage certificate but since we moved less than a year ago to a new country my spouse has no utility bills or a bank statement that's shows my spouses address or name.

What else can you send?
Well, you will need *something* showing that you live together and are sharing a household... joint credit card info, mail addressed to the both of you... separate mail that shows you both at the same address, i.e., dated mail or invoice showing your husbands name and address, dated mail or invoice for you showing your name and address, photos, testimony from friends and family, your rental agreement, maybe? Stuff like that. It doesn't necessarily need to be documents ONLY addressed to you both, but add in stuff that simply shows husband lives/lived at ABC during 123, at the same YOU lived at ABC during 123 ...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really pictures? Has anyone done so? I was reading guidelines a list of proof of partnership, marriage certificate and our children's birth certificates were on the list. My spouse and I have published work together but honestly not one utility bill or statement together where we are now. I just never got around to doing so.
I don't mind sending pictures together, just feel weird doing so.lol. Oh I do have a medical report that came to the address in my name, I don't mind sending it.

oh btw... passport.. should it be certified first page only or the pages of the whole passport?

·
Registered
355 Posts
really pictures? Has anyone done so? I was reading guidelines a list of proof of partnership, marriage certificate and our children's birth certificates were on the list. My spouse and I have published work together but honestly not one utility bill or statement together where we are now. I just never got around to doing so.
I don't mind sending pictures together, just feel weird doing so.lol. Oh I do have a medical report that came to the address in my name, I don't mind sending it.

oh btw... passport.. should it be certified first page only or the pages of the whole passport?
I sent pictures, I sent 6 pages of pics, about 30 or 40 of us as a couple, us with the kids, us with the family... I just formatted them into smaller size and printed them out on the computer. The pics provide evidence that you not only "live" together, but that you're "together." I did this based specifically on requests from INZ after I received my first partner work Visa... something along the lines of: you'll need to submit further evidence of stable, enduring relationship: proof of shared finances, documents, photos, testimonials, etc. The shared finances piece seems to be a pretty good piece of evidence... join your finances if you haven't already (if you can), and you can send printed out statements (and just black out any expenditures you don't want seen)...

I assume the reason why is because it wouldn't be hard to coordinate getting a few items of mail to the same address (even if you don't live together), and submit an application fraudulently. I didn't find the pics any weirder then sending in bank statements, financial proof, medical info, etc... but, that's just me! lol

Like I said, you don't necessarily need both names on the same items, as long as you can show you each have items sent to the same address... eg, you're mail is going to be addressed to you at ABC Rd, as is your husbands.. or, he has a bill invoice for an account showing address ABC Rd, and you have a different and separate account with an invoice showing the account address as ABC Rd...

You should be sending your passport if you're sending it for a Visa. If the review process is slated to take a while, they will simply send it back to you after they make a copy. Then, if you are approved, they will mail you and ask you to send it back so they can affix your Visa stamp.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kimbella said:
I sent pictures, I sent 6 pages of pics, about 30 or 40 of us as a couple, us with the kids, us with the family... I just formatted them into smaller size and printed them out on the computer. The pics provide evidence that you not only "live" together, but that you're "together." I did this based specifically on requests from INZ after I received my first partner work Visa... something along the lines of: you'll need to submit further evidence of stable, enduring relationship: proof of shared finances, documents, photos, testimonials, etc. The shared finances piece seems to be a pretty good piece of evidence... join your finances if you haven't already (if you can), and you can send printed out statements (and just black out any expenditures you don't want seen)...

I assume the reason why is because it wouldn't be hard to coordinate getting a few items of mail to the same address (even if you don't live together), and submit an application fraudulently. I didn't find the pics any weirder then sending in bank statements, financial proof, medical info, etc... but, that's just me! lol

Like I said, you don't necessarily need both names on the same items, as long as you can show you each have items sent to the same address... eg, you're mail is going to be addressed to you at ABC Rd, as is your husbands.. or, he has a bill invoice for an account showing address ABC Rd, and you have a different and separate account with an invoice showing the account address as ABC Rd...

You should be sending your passport if you're sending it for a Visa. If the review process is slated to take a while, they will simply send it back to you after they make a copy. Then, if you are approved, they will mail you and ask you to send it back so they can affix your Visa stamp.
Thanks! I'm compiling them already. ;)

I'm applying for the Skilled Migrant Scheme.
I just got a couple of emails awknowledging my applications for university professor jobs , I'm sending those as well as support that my true intention is to work.

Again big help. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts