Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received the invitation to apply for 189. I'm thinking of getting married with my girlfriend of 3 years before lodging the application so I'll be able to include her.

Beside the fact that we will be newly married at the time of application, there are other things: We're from 2 different countries (I'm form Indonesia, she's from China), and it's an international long distance relationship. We are still living in different countries now. I'm in Australia on a temp[orary work visa. The plan is for her to come here on a tourist visa, marry, and stay here with me.

Will this be enough to include her in the application as my wife? What proof might they ask, other than the marriage certificate? All we have are emails, chat logs, birthday cards, and probably some post cards, if I can find them. Should I go ahead with this plan?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I suspect you may need a lot more evidence that you're in a genuine relationship. Perhaps look at some of the partner visa threads for other suggestions of evidence (financial proof such as joint lease, joint bank accounts, beneficiary on life insurance, wills, statements from family/friends, etc.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have received the invitation to apply for 189. I'm thinking of getting married with my girlfriend of 3 years before lodging the application so I'll be able to include her.

Beside the fact that we will be newly married at the time of application, there are other things: We're from 2 different countries (I'm form Indonesia, she's from China), and it's an international long distance relationship. We are still living in different countries now. I'm in Australia on a temp[orary work visa. The plan is for her to come here on a tourist visa, marry, and stay here with me.

Will this be enough to include her in the application as my wife? What proof might they ask, other than the marriage certificate? All we have are emails, chat logs, birthday cards, and probably some post cards, if I can find them. Should I go ahead with this plan?
I replied in your other thread, I did same thing and I provided those documents.

good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts