Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lodged my case under SMC in London office.

I am thinking what kind of information/proof they may ask about my financial condition? Can someone please share any experience or any information. how much should be enough to show? i think they initially give 9 months job search visa or sometimes they give resident visa.

Secondly, do they call for any interview? what they normally ask in interviews.

Thanks much.
Asad

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
I too lodged my case with the London office and was without a job offer and I didn't have to provide any evidence of funds.

The visa offered and the one that you will be applying for is the Resident visa. If immigration aren't convinced you will be able to find a job they may elect to offer you a job search visa and give you 9 months to find a skilled job before approving your resident visa.

There is a sticky thread I have already supplied with questions for the immigration interview and if you use the search facility others have posted the questions they were asked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I too lodged my case with the London office and was without a job offer and I didn't have to provide any evidence of funds.

The visa offered and the one that you will be applying for is the Resident visa. If immigration aren't convinced you will be able to find a job they may elect to offer you a job search visa and give you 9 months to find a skilled job before approving your resident visa.

There is a sticky thread I have already supplied with questions for the immigration interview and if you use the search facility others have posted the questions they were asked.
sorry escapedtonz, I'm really sorry i have questions to ask again.

both of our jobs are in the long term shortage list.
I have a degree in construction management, and diploma that majors in Quantity Surveying. and my husband does network engineering.

but the tricky part is that, i have approximately 2-3 years of experience in Quantity Surveying. Then after i did a career change for the next 3 years.
i think we have border line of 140pts at the moment, and i have read and understand from couple of friends that their EOI got rejected despite having sufficient points. (which we thought that it might be because there is no job offered yet).

Would there be any chance that we would be granted a job search visa before resident visa?

and we are married for less than 12 months, but we did not fulfil staying together for 12 months. But we do have a joint account for the past 2 years.

We have also consulted migration consultant, but we hope that we could do it on our own to save those costs instead.

right at this moment, we are feeling a little helpless. besides looking for a job, we are unsure whether should we go ahead with the application of EOI, (for the fear that there is a high chance that it would be rejected) or.. should we just wait for an offer..

Hopefully you could enlighten us..

·
Super Moderator
4,925 Posts
sorry escapedtonz, I'm really sorry i have questions to ask again.

both of our jobs are in the long term shortage list.
I have a degree in construction management, and diploma that majors in Quantity Surveying. and my husband does network engineering.

but the tricky part is that, i have approximately 2-3 years of experience in Quantity Surveying. Then after i did a career change for the next 3 years.
i think we have border line of 140pts at the moment, and i have read and understand from couple of friends that their EOI got rejected despite having sufficient points. (which we thought that it might be because there is no job offered yet).

Would there be any chance that we would be granted a job search visa before resident visa?

and we are married for less than 12 months, but we did not fulfil staying together for 12 months. But we do have a joint account for the past 2 years.

We have also consulted migration consultant, but we hope that we could do it on our own to save those costs instead.

right at this moment, we are feeling a little helpless. besides looking for a job, we are unsure whether should we go ahead with the application of EOI, (for the fear that there is a high chance that it would be rejected) or.. should we just wait for an offer..

Hopefully you could enlighten us..
EOI's don't get rejected simply because it doesn't have a job offer associated with it.
It's all about the points score, regardless whether there is a job offer or not.
A person is eligible to apply EOI if they score 100 points or more With or Without a job offer, BUT.......
If you have no job offer and score less than 140 points your EOI will not be selected and after 6 months it will be removed from the pool.
If you do have a job offer and score less than 140 points then you stand a good chance of the EOI being selected as at the moment there are a number of places remaining each fortnight (around 100 or so going off the historic selection list) to allow this next priority stage of EOI selection.
All EOI's with 140 points or more, regardless of whether they have a job offer or not are automatically selected. The ones with a job offer will get priority.

Job Search Visa's in lieu of a Resident Visa (for the principal applicant only) are entirely at the discretion of the Case Officer handling your application and every application is different so couldn't say either way.

I'd advise you to wait until you have been living together for at least 12 months as it is one less issue you will have to face as you will have the required evidence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts