Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I will be coming into the UK next week after 5 weeks traveling post Youth Mobility Visa expiring.

I will only be there for 23 days in total for tourist purposes - Download Festival, Foo Fighters concert, ACDC concert, two Faith No More concerts and a Loch Ness tour. I know that is frowned upon but I receieved some great advice from Joppa: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...s-living-uk/713066-visiting-uk-after-yms.html

However, after some mess ups by my bank I may have a problem with proof of funds.

I tried to receive hard copy statements however this has been impossible while traveling. Instead I have internet banking statements for both UK and Australian accounts, as well as a very recent (a couple of days old) statement for a credit card with access to the equivalent of 3300GBP. On top of that I have more printouts of transactions that I have occurred since the older statements.

Will this be a problem on the border as these haven't been stamped?

Is there anything else I can quickly source to use as proof of funds? I have all of my previous payslips saved as emails so I could print out my last few months of these to establish I have money?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I know bumping is frowned upon, but is anyone able to give any advice on this?

If they don't accept a combination of payslips and online banking statements/transaction listings the only other thing I can think of is to actually gain hard currency - which will be next to impossible as I'm in Morocco.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I have no authority to say this, but I truly think online statements should be fine! I have not heard of anyone getting stamped and verified bank statements just for a visitor visa/visa waiver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have no authority to say this, but I truly think online statements should be fine! I have not heard of anyone getting stamped and verified bank statements just for a visitor visa/visa waiver.
To be honest i have crossed into England at least 10 times and I have only been asked how much money i had once, and they didn't ask for proof.

However because I have recently left the UK due to the expiration of my Youth Mobility Visa, it will look like i am coming back to work illegally. I have a mountain of evidence to say that I am not, and it's still growing (my sisters is about to scan an invitation to my neice's christening for me to print just to further prove I have strong ties back home. My friends I'm staying with are also now scanning their passports to go with some scanned and sign letters saying that I have permission to stay with them). Although from what I have seen their questioning is intense in circumstances such as mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.