Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

So i am living in France with a long stay visitors visa, I am planning on extending it soon, getting pacs with my partner and eventually applying for a carte de privée et familiale.

I seem to have quite an issue, so since i am legally unable to work, my partners mother was generous enough to allow us to live on a small property on her land rent free. One of the requirements of both PACS and the carte is to prove cohabitation for at least a year or less on special circumstances. How are we able to do so? The only thing I have in France is a bank account which i have been receiving monthly at this address (not joint). Is there anything that we should do now to help in the future? I really dont want these last 5 months to be a waste.

Also are there any other things that would help the file such as the story of our relationship, photos, friends/family testimonies and such?

thank you for reading,

Steph

·
Administrator
50,428 Posts
You could try a sworn statement from your partner's mother (along with the usual proofs that she owns the property) of her allowing you both to live there rent free. It may or may not work, but it can't hurt your case.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Perhaps try to get SOME paperwork with both your names on it. Joint bank account? tax papers for each of you but with the same address? Why not create a new postal address xxxxx(bis) with a separate mailbox? It might help, but I am not an expert.

Non relevant comment..how times change! I remember in the 1950s and 60s couples "living in sin" tried to keep separate addresses to maintain an air of respectability.....much better today.

DejW

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
You could try a sworn statement from your partner's mother (along with the usual proofs that she owns the property) of her allowing you both to live there rent free. It may or may not work, but it can't hurt your case.
Cheers,
Bev
The attestation approach should definitely work, albeit additional evidence of living together might be required.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
If the electricity or other utilities to the property in which you are living is separate, you could have the service and account put into your and your partner's names.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts