Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyyooo, working on a spousal visa application and they've asked for correspondence going back two years that shows I've lived with my husband at least that long. Silly environmentally-minded me, I went paperless a long time ago and only switched to non-paperless a few months back... so while I have papers going back to late 2016, I don't have them from mid 2015 as required. What would you do about this? Current best idea is to go to my bank - who would have been sending me statements, had I not asked for paperlesss records - and ask them for a letter. Any other genius suggestions?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I went to the Council (when I wanted to apply for my EEA Residence Card a few months ago) and Theo printed out 10 years of "duplicate original" council tax bills for my addresses. They said they do it all the time.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Heyyooo, working on a spousal visa application and they've asked for correspondence going back two years that shows I've lived with my husband at least that long. Silly environmentally-minded me, I went paperless a long time ago and only switched to non-paperless a few months back... so while I have papers going back to late 2016, I don't have them from mid 2015 as required. What would you do about this? Current best idea is to go to my bank - who would have been sending me statements, had I not asked for paperlesss records - and ask them for a letter. Any other genius suggestions?

Thanks all!
Apart from Council Tax bills Utility Bills, Doctors Letters, HMRC letters. Some have gone paperless but HMRC not and many Health Trusts not.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Quite, but my point was that I wasn't saving those items!
Not saving Tax Coding letters, really. Coding letters will have been issued in February/March. Doctors and Health might be persuaded to give copies which will require authentication.
Providing 10 years Council Tax bill, as already posted, is not good enough. the ECO will only accept 2 from any one issuer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not saving Tax Coding letters, really. Coding letters will have been issued in February/March. Doctors and Health might be persuaded to give copies which will require authentication.

Providing 10 years Council Tax bill, as already posted, is not good enough. the ECO will only accept 2 from any one issuer.

I also had ten years of P60s. Good thing too: early ones had a wrong NI number and with the originals Pensions agency could give me credit.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I also had ten years of P60s. Good thing too: early ones had a wrong NI number and with the originals Pensions agency could give me credit.

Yes, never wise to destroy any official document, no matter how old. Electronic records can be changed even erased

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, never wise to destroy any official document, no matter how old. Electronic records can be changed even erased

It's true that my sentiment today is to scan everything and destroy. I did have to scramble when my Embassy sent out a circular recommending its citizens apply for residence cards. As it happens I have sickness insurance but as my UK spouse wasn't sponsoring me and I was relying on EU/EEA/Swiss worker rights that was irrelevant. But you never know: the 'Migros' (a great Tex-Mex term) can be arbitrary and capricious.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.