Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My partner is here on a life partner visa and we would like to do his business endorsement. In order to that, we need to redo the police clearance and to do that we need to show proof of address for him in SA. Any idea what the best way is to obtain it? We have a "shared" bank account (basically just means he is a signatory on my account) but nothing else is on his name because SA is so strict with FICA and things.

Anybody have any ideas how to get proof of payment? Could he, for example, open a store card with Foschini or such like or is that not allowed?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Hi all,

My partner is here on a life partner visa and we would like to do his business endorsement. In order to that, we need to redo the police clearance and to do that we need to show proof of address for him in SA. Any idea what the best way is to obtain it? We have a "shared" bank account (basically just means he is a signatory on my account) but nothing else is on his name because SA is so strict with FICA and things.

Anybody have any ideas how to get proof of payment? Could he, for example, open a store card with Foschini or such like or is that not allowed?
Hi saffalass,

Do you rent or own the property you live in?
You could always ask your landlord to do an amendment on the agreement to reflect his name. Alternatively, if you own your house, then you can write a letter confirming that he resides with you and show your property deeds.
You could also apply for medical for him and then you can use that document.
An affidavit from the police station is also recommended.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My partner opened an FNB non-resident bank account and for proof of address they accepted my own proof of address plus an affidavit that he resides with me. Not sure if this will be okay for the business endorsement?

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it's for the police clearance from the UK they accept two proofs of your address plus an affidavit saying he is living with you. I phoned them last year to confirm because everything is in my husbands name too him being the SA citizen.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it's for the police clearance from the UK they accept two proofs of your address plus an affidavit saying he is living with you. I phoned them last year to confirm because everything is in my husbands name too him being the SA citizen.
Thanks, Jenny. The problem is that he has NO proofs of address for being here in SA. He's been here for six months already, so seems we'll have to go the long route. Affidavit, then bank account, then something else I guess? Who knows.

EDIT: Read that wrong, I see you say they accept two proofs of MY address and an affidavit. HURRAH THANK YOU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts