Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! It's been a while since I was last on here. Hope everyone is doing well!

My partner and I moved to London recently for our jobs. We are currently letting a 2-bedroom flat shared with another couple. As stated in our tenancy agreement, our rent per month includes ALL BILLS including council tax, gas, electricity, etc.

I am aware that for applying for FLR in the future, I will need PROOF OF ADDRESS from at least 3-5 SOURCES. However, since our bills are under our landlord's name, our only proof of address at the moment is from 3 banks (my bank, my partner's bank, and our shared bank). :-(

Any advice on this matter? Would very much appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
That's definitely going to matter if you can't prove you've been living at the same place. You need more official documents, perhaps from doctor's offices or other government entities, at the very least. You also need some bills in both names.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Won't a tenancy agreement with my name on it (stipulating that bills are paid for the landlord) be enough? I'm quite worried now. Hope somebody with the same situation can offer advice. If not, then I'll probably have a word with the landlord...

Thanks Amy!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Just keep collecting official letters from GP, tax office, employer, council, insurance company etc. Someone recently have had their FLR(M) approved by same-day premium service in similar circumstances, and their collected letters from various sources were accepted as valid proof of cohabitation.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response, Joppa! Would you mind giving a link the the post of that person in a similar situation? If not, it's alright – I'll try to find it myself.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.