Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've browsed a few topics on this but haven't found a clear answer similar to our situation.

While in the UK on my previous visa, my husband didn't add me to any utility bills apart from electricity. However, I do have numerous letters from the NHS, my credit card statement, letters from my bank, etc. He has the mortgage statement (cannot find property inspection), etc.

As we are having to start back at square one and NOT extending said previous visa, does this requirement matter as much as it would for FLR?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
8,059 Posts
How long have you been out of the UK?

You need to show a genuine relationship, and providing documentation which relates to when you were initially in the UK and does not include joint names does not really do that. (You could use the electricity bills to prove you initially lived together).

Personally I think your marriage certificate, some photos of times together with family, ticket stubs to show visits, might be more useful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long have you been out of the UK?

You need to show a genuine relationship, and providing documentation which relates to when you were initially in the UK and does not include joint names does not really do that. (You could use the electricity bills to prove you initially lived together).

Personally I think your marriage certificate, some photos of times together with family, ticket stubs to show visits, might be more useful.
I came back March 21st. So not long at all. We've got all of that so it's no problem. We've only got one bill with joint names. Everything else is just in my husband's. I have multiple items with our address on it. Just wasn't sure if it mattered as we were starting from square one.

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
The OP was on a spouse visa and it lapsed while she was in the US so she has to apply for a spouse visa again. As she has lived with her husband for the last 2.5 years her proof of relationship will be official post showing that they have lived at the same address whether addressed jointly or separately. Credit card bills are not strong evidence.

You should also provide proof of communication for the last couple of months.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The OP was on a spouse visa and it lapsed while she was in the US so she has to apply for a spouse visa again. As she has lived with her husband for the last 2.5 years her proof of relationship will be official post showing that they have lived at the same address whether addressed jointly or separately. Credit card bills are not strong evidence.

You should also provide proof of communication for the last couple of months.
Thank you, Nyclon! Appreciate your advice as always. Could you give a breakdown of what evidence would suffice?

So far we have:

- Council Tax (joint names)
- Electricity Bill
- My P45
- Mortgage Statements
- Closing Statement from Persimmon (not sure if this is valid but throwing in anyway!)
- NHS correspondence (to me)
- Phone Bill (in my name)
- Letters from Bank (in my name)

I suppose he could call and add my name to the rest.

·
Super Moderator
18,105 Posts
What is Persimmon?

You'll need things in his name as well and should all be fairly evenly spread over the past 2 years. 6 pieces each.

While it would be a good idea to add your name for future visas it will have no impact on this visa.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is Persimmon?

You'll need things in his name as well and should all be fairly evenly spread over the past 2 years. 6 pieces each.

While it would be a good idea to add your name for future visas it will have no impact on this visa.
Oh! I thought the documents had to be within 28 days?! So we can include things over the last two years.. perfect! Persimmon is the company who built our home.

Also, do you roughly know how much the healthcare surcharge is? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.