I got an equiry,, we plan marriage and need to provide these docs:

Proof of address in australia,
Proof of both of us that we single
Proof of use we are able to be married.

Can sb advise me which office in Australia do provide these type of documents

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Proof of address can be a utility bill, copy of your lease etc.

The registry in your state can provide what's called a single status certificate. If you have lived outside of Australia as an adult and need a similar document from that jurisdiction (such as your home country) you'll need to contact the embassy/consulate for that country.

Don't understand what the third thing is.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what type of registry it is?

I asked my consulate and they said i need to talk to embassy very strange as they are mine consulate.

To that proof of address is not basic one is like proof of residual living in australia,,,, not sure who provide this ,,this is for our marrige department to give me permit to have marriage in my country

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
what type of registry it is? I asked my consulate and they said i need to talk to embassy very strange as they are mine consulate. To that proof of address is not basic one is like proof of residual living in australia,,,, not sure who provide this ,,this is for our marrige department to give me permit to have marriage in my country
Registry of births, deaths and marriages in your state.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Registry of births, deaths and marriages in your state.
Thank you,

I was thinking would't be proof of residual address Pernament Residency? But our magistry require to have stamp on docs APOSTILE, nt sure if this is possible to put on this doc.

Other think i want ask is marrige in other country like mine valid in australia?

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Thank you, I was thinking would't be proof of residual address Pernament Residency? But our magistry require to have stamp on docs APOSTILE, nt sure if this is possible to put on this doc. Other think i want ask is marrige in other country like mine valid in australia?
You need to check with the marriage registry in your country regarding those questions. That is where the marriage is taking place not Australia so this is probably not the best forum for getting answers to these kinds of questions since we are not in your home country.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts