Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am going to apply for ACS assessement in next couple of days. Just need to ask one thing. I was employed in X organization since May 1996 upto March 2009 .I joined them as Software Engineer and left them on last designation Senior Software Engineer/Analyst.

I have got detailed Reference letter from company X which has following things mentioned.

1. Period of employment
2. Full time employment
3. Salary
4. Designation (recent designation before leaving)
5. Project names I've done
6. Hardware used
7. My expertise in Oracle Tools (Forms, Reports)

So do I need to send them my promotion letters as well or just the reference letter is enough? please help as couple of friends scared me a lot and I am doing it without any agent.

Regards.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I am going to apply for ACS assessement in next couple of days. Just need to ask one thing. I was employed in X organization since May 1996 upto March 2009 .I joined them as Software Engineer and left them on last designation Senior Software Engineer/Analyst.

I have got detailed Reference letter from company X which has following things mentioned.

1. Period of employment
2. Full time employment
3. Salary
4. Designation (recent designation before leaving)
5. Project names I've done
6. Hardware used
7. My expertise in Oracle Tools (Forms, Reports)

So do I need to send them my promotion letters as well or just the reference letter is enough? please help as couple of friends scared me a lot and I am doing it without any agent.

Regards.
In Company reference letter, does it mention you have worked in different roles? This section is very important if you stayed with one company for more than few years.

It is because, if reference letter tells you - you are project lead or project manager, your experience does not effectively reflect the earlier roles like software engineer, senior software developer, technical lead etc etc. So, it will be tough for ACS to assess your resume without exact details of what roles you performed for how longer durations.

Your reference letter should tell then what roles you performed at different tenures, and you will need to support these with promotion letters (if you have them). And also make sure the dates in your CV/Resume match the dates mentioned in promotion letters.

In your case since you already got reference letter from company, if it does not tell you from dates when all you performed different roles (and exact work performed), I suggest you get another detailed reference letter from the company. Keep in mind you should not confuse the Case Officer :) he might ask you for re-work or even reject it :(

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
zahid you got to send everything that support each word of your CV. we sent everything we had, appraisal letters, performance related certificates, salary slips, bank statements, IT returns, appointment letters, confirmation letter, HR/Manager/colleague references etc. and our assessment result was in our hand in 20 days. the less documents you send, the longer they take, they will keep asking you for documents if they are not satisfied and since you are from high risk zone, they are overly careful.

search the forum for ACS and a lot has been written about what all documents one can give and what should be done if one is not able to manage few documents.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all of you for the valuable information. I just called my X Employer and he is willing to give me the letter on the said format. I just hope my assessment will turn out to be positive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
zahid you got to send everything that support each word of your CV. we sent everything we had, appraisal letters, performance related certificates, salary slips, bank statements, IT returns, appointment letters, confirmation letter, HR/Manager/colleague references etc. and our assessment result was in our hand in 20 days. the less documents you send, the longer they take, they will keep asking you for documents if they are not satisfied and since you are from high risk zone, they are overly careful.

search the forum for ACS and a lot has been written about what all documents one can give and what should be done if one is not able to manage few documents.

cheers
anj
Hi Anj

i think as a senior member you can clear my dought? my status is in process , if they request more document what is the status should be?
Please

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi,

Don't panic, if your status is in process that means they are working on it. In case they need any further documents they will contact you via email and would be something like "more documents requested" or "documents awaited"....

All the best....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rpl

Dear Mohit I am an RPL and downloaded the RPL PACK 2 from the ACS website which doesnt have sections like "Work Experience Summary", "Qualification summary", "Community Involvement in IT" etc. (a friend of mine who was RPL case had this form filled)

So do I need to fill RPL Application form and skill assessment form also? or what. please guide I wud appreciate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts