Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aged 44, an Accountant by profession, in possession of professional qualifications with the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, and an advanced Diploma with Cima (not a degrees).

How is the Accountant ranked in USA for visa purposes, and what are the chances of landing a job whilst outside of USA?

·
Administrator
50,838 Posts
Finding a job from outside the US (one that would get you a visa, in other words) is a very difficult and frustrating process. Ideally, you should be in a position to travel to the US at your own expense to make yourself available for face to face interviews if they should be offered.

But profession-wise, accountants are usually expected to have a university degree. Without one, you're looking at "accounting clerk" or similar type positions. A CPA (certified public accountant) in the US usually needs a university degree to sit the exams - though that varies a bit by state. Foreign certifications and qualifications often aren't recognized or understood in the US, so you need to be ready to explain them in terms of the US system.

I know I'm not being terribly encouraging here, but there is no particular shortage of accountants in the US, so hiring from overseas is not a priority (and for the employer is usually a major pain, not to mention expense).
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts