Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed my application in Nairobi, Kenya but all Kenya applications are sent to Pretoria for processing. A little confused by the difference in processing time between applications lodged in Nairobi and those lodged in Pretoria. Appears South African based applications are prioritized...or something :confused:
Nairobi

Pretoria

·
Registered
20 Posts
Processing times are just a guide. Frankly though they are nonsense. I've just checked the times for our application, filed in March, and it is saying 100% were done with 15 days for the April stats - so take from that what you will...

edit: on second thoughts ours should appear in May, so it will be interesting to check them then....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Similar confusion here.

Wife is from Uruguay, she had to send it from VFS in Argentina where the biometric was taken and that goes to VFS in Columbia!!!

Just a waiting game now because who knows how long it will take and who knows if they have different piles for the different countries. Some have priority options some don't but are all processed in the same centre. Really unfair so will ours keep going to the bottom of the pile??!!
Total nonsense

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Even if the applications from different countries are processed at the same hub, they are kept separate and attract different processing times.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Even if the applications from different countries are processed at the same hub, they are kept separate and attract different processing times.
I wonder how Uruguay applications are handled? I haven't met anyone applying from Uruguay yet. Very small country also.
Most seem to be from Brazil.

Wonder if it's just a few on that pile:confused2:

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
But there are finite number of ECOs. I'd imagine Bogotá visa processing centre only has 2-3 ECOs and they have a lot to do sorting applications from so many countries.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The same for me, from morocco EEA FP, abt processing time tell applications in 30 WD...

for me 37 WD and still waiting....

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
All applications made in Morocco go to Paris for processing. There has been a big rise in applications and 13 Paris-based ECOs are struggling to cope.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had a sinking feeling that was it.
Is there some reason for that?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Because hub and spoke operation is for administrative reasons only and stats are still collated individually for each VAC. Also different countries have different risk profile and may require more or less scrutiny and verification.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because hub and spoke operation is for administrative reasons only and stats are still collated individually for each VAC. Also different countries have different risk profile and may require more or less scrutiny and verification.
I see.

I remember reading a post from someone who said that they did their visa in person in London and it took 1 hour 45 minutes, by that count it seems like even with verification and accounting for risk profile each application should take a maximum of 3-4 hours.

I wish they could prioritize settlement spouse visas, because its keeping couples apart for 2-3 months while processing tourist visas in less than a fortnight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.