Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied online for Study Permit on May 6th and got the Submission Confirmation message.
Today it is June 30th, 8 weeks but still no decision has been made.

The online application says all the information has been submitted and nothing else needs to be given.

Application Status says: "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you."

Final Decision says: "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made."

Is it normal for them to take longer than the processing time?

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Unless otherwise stated, processing times should be considered to be an estimation only and not a set in stone guarantee.

There could be any number of reasons why a decision on your application has not been reached; there could be a problem with your application or information supplied therein, there could be a problem with checks performed in relation to your application (i.e. information requests not received), there could be a problem on the Government of Canada's end that has nothing to do with your application specifically.

It's impossible to know and, as such, you will have to continue to be patient and wait for them to provide you with a decision.

My advice is to hang tight for a couple more weeks and, if nothing has been decided, chase it up with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.