Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A small analysis:

My frnd had lodged paper application in the end of Feb 2009, received the file number as 91xxx (5 digits) and I lodged the paper application in the end of June 2009, received the file number as 24xxxx (6 digits). Both of us are in CSL

My questions are :
1. Are they allocating file number in serial or in random????
2. If it's serial than there is 1,60,000 application (approx) lodged between us???
3. But only 108000 visa will be granted this financial year in overall....
3. with the recent update from DIAC, CSL application lodged before end of 2009 will get finalised within 12 months from the date of lodgement, then with these large number of application how come they finalise within 12 months????

any thought????

Regards

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
the applications are not just for 175 subclass, there might be parent visa applications(which takes 8-10 years) then non CSL applications (which they say will tkae 3 yrs) so on and forth. many would be rejected for whatever reasons and they dont process applications in order of lodgement date, I have noticed they have been randomly processing applications. those filed in jan 2009 (CSL) are still waiting and thise files in sept (CSL) already have the CO..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts