Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Hope all are good :)
Was wondering about the processing time for NZ Permanent Residency for Wellington Branch.

1. Had submitted EOI online which got approved (+140 points).
2. ITA was sent.
3. All required documents submitted;
And application status has been changed to "Application Received" on Immigration web portal.

Asked immigration and they turned up saying general processing time for Wellington branch is 6-9 months.

Was wondering if does it really take that much time?
Is somebody whose Permanent Residency (P) was processed in lesser time?

Thanks,
lacks

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi ,
I am planning to Process for NewZealand, can you please help me with what are the docs required while submitting EOI and after we receive confirmation from them what are the next steps for submitting PR. Please help me with details...

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hi ,
I am planning to Process for NewZealand, can you please help me with what are the docs required while submitting EOI and after we receive confirmation from them what are the next steps for submitting PR. Please help me with details...
See Immigration New Zealand - it will give you all the details you ask for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
Hope all are good :)
Was wondering about the processing time for NZ Permanent Residency for Wellington Branch.

1. Had submitted EOI online which got approved (+140 points).
2. ITA was sent.
3. All required documents submitted;
And application status has been changed to "Application Received" on Immigration web portal.

Asked immigration and they turned up saying general processing time for Wellington branch is 6-9 months.

Was wondering if does it really take that much time?
Is somebody whose Permanent Residency (P) was processed in lesser time?

Thanks,
lacks
Hi lacks,

What's your current status? How are things looking. Did you get any updates? It's already 11 months.

I have submitted my ITA on first week of April, 2013 and I am from India.

Thanks,
Euphoria

·
Registered
9 Posts
ITA Time lines

Hi Euphoria,

What is the current status of your application
How much time they took to process the ITA
What are the next steps,
What kind of interview questions they asked from both of you.

I too applied in the month of January 2014 for ITA and i don't know how much time it will take.. I come to know that 4-6 months will be the ITA processing time.

Br
Vikas

Hi lacks,

What's your current status? How are things looking. Did you get any updates? It's already 11 months.

I have submitted my ITA on first week of April, 2013 and I am from India.

Thanks,
Euphoria

·
Registered
34 Posts
After submission of ITA, you received an email right? In that they clearly mentions the processing time. In my case I submitted to London Branch, and they mentioned that It will take 6 to 8 months for processing.

Thanks and regards,

Benny

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Team,

Thanks for your response but in my case i have gone through the mail which i received from NZ for ITA and they gave me 4 months time frame to submit my application. But the time frame to process the application after submitting the ITA is not mentioned.. So i just want to know the details or steps after submitting the documents for ITA.

Br
Vikas Sheel Gupta

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all,
Please tell me this isn't right!! I have a job offer which they would like me to start in the next three months. My EOI has been selected from the pool with 165 points, and they are doing their preliminary checks at the minute. I am going for permanent residency. Is this what you are all doing aswell?
I'm not sure my employers will wait 6-8 months!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Lucky007,

The maximum processing time is 6 months, but most of the cases will be completed in 3 months once a Case Office is assigned. It takes 3 to 4 weeks for a case officer to be assigned. At this moment you are staying on what Visa at Wellington?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I don't have the job offer so mine case is different from your one..

The candidates who has the job offer will get the PR in 2-3 months max that to without any interview process.. i found this from the forums and NZ web sites..

Br
Vikas Sheel Gupta

Hi all,
Please tell me this isn't right!! I have a job offer which they would like me to start in the next three months. My EOI has been selected from the pool with 165 points, and they are doing their preliminary checks at the minute. I am going for permanent residency. Is this what you are all doing aswell?
I'm not sure my employers will wait 6-8 months!!

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Hi all, Please tell me this isn't right!! I have a job offer which they would like me to start in the next three months. My EOI has been selected from the pool with 165 points, and they are doing their preliminary checks at the minute. I am going for permanent residency. Is this what you are all doing aswell? I'm not sure my employers will wait 6-8 months!!
Can't say the processing times for other parts of the world, but London is generally 12 months without a job offer and 6-9 months with a job offer. To get Residency approved in 3 months would be fast and a miracle in my opinion. Can take a month to get ITA after EOI selected then you have 4 months to hand over the formal application and provide all your evidence paperwork - that's 5 months and Immigration haven't even assigned your application to a case officer!!! Be aware you are NOT going for Permanent Residency. You cannot do this. You will be applying for Residency only. Still allows you to stay in NZ permanently but it is not PR. It will have travel conditions and also work conditions if you already have a job offer. You can only obtain PR when you have been a Residency Visa holder for 2 years minimum and satisfied one of five criteria. You could apply for a Temporary Work Visa in the interim. These are processed fast and can only be obtained with a job offer. This then allows travel quickly. You can then transfer your Residency visa application to NZ office and that can be ticking along in the background whilst you are living here on the Temp Work Visa. Just another option if you need to be here quicker.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello Vishwanathan,
Here you can find those five criteria to qualify for Permanant Residency.
RV2.5 How do resident visa holders or former holders qualify for a permanent resident visa?

The easiest way to secure PR visa is :
RV2.5.1 Significant period of time spent in New Zealand

A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the date the date their application for a permanent resident visa was made (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more).

Hi Escapedtonz,
Could you please list out what are those five criteria's?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for the information.

i have applied through registered agent so i don't have any document or reference number so that i can check any where.. I have to get the information from agent only.

Do we need to get email or any other communication/notification from the NZ with respect to corresponding ITA steps such as CO Assign, Interview schedule, Interview result etc.. etc..

I hava applied on 12th of Feb 2014 so what will be expected time frame as i have not received any time frame mail communication.

Br
Vikas Sheel Gupta

Hello Vishwanathan,
Here you can find those five criteria to qualify for Permanant Residency.
RV2.5 How do resident visa holders or former holders qualify for a permanent resident visa?

The easiest way to secure PR visa is :
RV2.5.1 Significant period of time spent in New Zealand

A principal applicant has demonstrated a commitment to New Zealand if they have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in each of the two 12-month portions of the 24 months immediately preceding the date the date their application for a permanent resident visa was made (ie, in each of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more).

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Did anyone notice that the allocation times changed on the London Immigration page? For applications without a job offer, it says that you will be assigned a case officer in 1-2 months. I swear it used to be longer... Skilled Migrant processing times
Yeah used to be within 6 months if I recall

1 - 20 of 20 Posts