Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My future employer (a large bank in Sydney) is about to lodge my 457 visa application to DIAC, but I was wondering how long this process would take. The employer sponsorship, nomination forms etc will be included in the same application.

I don't have to supply any medical checks, no police checks and no IELTS test - all in all a pretty basic 457 application I think. Can anyone give me an estimate on the length of this application? I've heard that it can take from 3 days to 2 months, but has anyone had any similar experience?

Look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did just find the sticky about processing times, but there aren't many 457s there either. Any feedback would be more than welcome!

·
Registered
27 Posts
457 timeframe

We are currently in AU under a 457 visa -- it only took 3 weeks for us to get approved. We applied (through my husband's work) at the end of April, 2009 and the visas were approved on May 13th.
Good luck!

Hi all,

My future employer (a large bank in Sydney) is about to lodge my 457 visa application to DIAC, but I was wondering how long this process would take. The employer sponsorship, nomination forms etc will be included in the same application.

I don't have to supply any medical checks, no police checks and no IELTS test - all in all a pretty basic 457 application I think. Can anyone give me an estimate on the length of this application? I've heard that it can take from 3 days to 2 months, but has anyone had any similar experience?

Look forward to hearing from you, thanks!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi,

We have been here nearly 2 years on a 457. It took 8 weeks from the date of lodgement until approval and that was over a Christmas and New Year, it was actually lodged on Christmas Eve. We had to get chest x-rays but no medicals.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the application was lodged today.. we just have to wait now!
WOW! Only 8 days later and the visa has been granted! I didn't expect this to come through this quick! Have to get organised quick lol :D

Thanks for all your advice everyone and maybe see you soon in OZ!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts