Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends!

Good Day to all.

I am Indian, working in Malaysia for the last 2 years. I have applied for P.R for Australia including my family at a time, and currently, I was asked to apply for PCC and medical clearance and to be submitted by 1st March 2010. I have applied for PCC in Indian High Comm, Malaysia for me. But I need to wait for my wife to come back from India to apply for PCC in Indian High Comm, Malaysia, since, she visited India for short trip and will be back to Malaysia during last week of Feb.

So, my consultant suggested me to wait for her back to Malaysia and then I can apply for PCC for my wife in Indian High Comm, Malaysia even though it takes 30 working days to get approval. My consultant suggested me need not worry even though given target date is 1st March, because, we can request DIAC for extension by showing any valid reason. Because, it is very tedious process to apply for PCC in India (In fact, I do not know the process to apply for PCC and where to apply in India. I have called Passport Office, Hyderabad , Delhi etc to know the procedure to apply for PCC, but no body responded properly and hence, I am worrying to apply in India. But, my consultant is very much sure about it to get the extension for the enough duration to get approval of PCC for my wife and meanwhile my wife wants to clear her IELTS.

Any body can suggest me for how many times and we can get the extensions to submit PCC and Medical Clearance if already DIAC gave us target time for the first time and for how many days we will get extension each time of request for extension if necessary.

Thank you and in advance.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi Srushti.Rushi
It depends on where your pp was made and how long back. at the time of getting the pp made, they do police verification, if that was done and was clear, possibility that you get teh PCC from India in no time. You can ask your wife to go to the customer-relations manager at the pp office (every pp office has one). she can ask if it is clear and how long will it take.
as for IELTS, did you not give the transcript along with the application form n other documents? since your wife is in India, ask her to go to her school and college and take a personalised letter from both stating her education wa sin english medium and she might be able to skip ielts. many do it, all you need to do is prove you studied all subjects in english. she can take the letters, scan the same and you can mail it ot the CO for a waiver

1 - 2 of 2 Posts