Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board, been lurking around reading the helpful responses to prepare for my visa application. I'm Malaysian, and plan to settle in the UK with my British-born husband. My own appointment was this morning. I went fairly confident that I had everything I needed, but was sorely disappointed.

1) A photocopy of my husband's passport biodate page is not enough. Not only does it have to be certified, the agency in KL requested that every single page be copied and certified. And I thought I was safe submitting the biodata page, as well as pages with entry stamps to Malaysia.

2) A certified copy of my degree certificate is not enough. The agency rep says UKBA want the original. I'm not comfortable with submitting the original certificate to the UKBA – it's quite large, what if it gets ruined in the shuttling back and forth? Furthermore I have a letter from UK NARIC verifying my degree, after paying a fee, and even they didn't require the original.

Did anyone else have these problems? I suspect the agency in KL are overly cautious to be on the safe side. Should I submit my original certificate or go ahead with a certified copy? Any advice would be great, thank you in advance.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the board, been lurking around reading the helpful responses to prepare for my visa application. I'm Malaysian, and plan to settle in the UK with my British-born husband. My own appointment was this morning. I went fairly confident that I had everything I needed, but was sorely disappointed.

1) A photocopy of my husband's passport biodate page is not enough. Not only does it have to be certified, the agency in KL requested that every single page be copied and certified. And I thought I was safe submitting the biodata page, as well as pages with entry stamps to Malaysia.
That's not the rqeuirement, but I've heard about the same story with visa agents for Singapore.

2) A certified copy of my degree certificate is not enough. The agency rep says UKBA want the original. I'm not comfortable with submitting the original certificate to the UKBA – it's quite large, what if it gets ruined in the shuttling back and forth? Furthermore I have a letter from UK NARIC verifying my degree, after paying a fee, and even they didn't require the original.
You should really submit the original, with a photocopy so that the original will be returned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not the rqeuirement, but I've heard about the same story with visa agents for Singapore.

You should really submit the original, with a photocopy so that the original will be returned.
Thanks, I did just that i.e. submitted originals and copies of everything I wanted returned.

I got my visa in just over 2 weeks! :clap2:

They returned everything, including the copies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats.. welcome to uk! Do you know where will you be in the UK.
Thanks, I'm moving in August :)

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I'll be in Staffordshire for the time being and will move depending on where I get a job. What about you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.