Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, online application is complete on 22nd NOV and we will go in to submit docs on 27th Nov.

On the form i put date of entry to UK March 3rd 2014.

Is this ok or is it going to be a problem because its more than 3 months after the application date?

Urgently need some help here thanks!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The three months is from the time your visa is approved not from the date you hand in the application so you shall be fine..

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The three months is from the time your visa is approved not from the date you hand in the application so you shall be fine..
Are you positive about this? I have heard it is not acceptable to hand in a visa application more than 3 months before planned date of travel to the uk.

I am about to cancel my wife's application here.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
They are just advising that, just as they advise you NOT to book any flights as they cannot guarantee the visa will either be through or accepted by that date...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are just advising that, just as they advise you NOT to book any flights as they cannot guarantee the visa will either be through or accepted by that date...
I heard people had been refused on this site before on these same grounds? Were not ready to travel within 3 months.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The UKBA website clearly states that you can apply for a visa no more than 3 months before your intended travel date. So you can either move up your travel date for wait a couple of weeks to apply.
The problem is i cannot travel before March (i have to travel with my wife correct? She cannot enter alone?)

If i delay my application i will have to redo all of the statements, translations, payslips etc because of the 28 day window.

This is hugely frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
The problem is i cannot travel before March (i have to travel with my wife correct? She cannot enter alone?)

If i delay my application i will have to redo all of the statements, translations, payslips etc because of the 28 day window.

This is hugely frustrating!
There is no rule that the applicant must be accompanied by the spouse.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, so the plan is my wife will cancel her application. Reapply stating she will return before me to the UK alone. I will then follow her from Korea after my contract finishes at the end of Feb.

This would allow her to apply now and all the documents we have spent months acquiring would still be valid.

Does this seem ok??

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Ok, that's another story. I'm pretty sure you have to be in the UK before her. She has to be joining you. You have to be settled in the UK and you're not settled until you are actually in the UK.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, that's another story. I'm pretty sure you have to be in the UK before her. She has to be joining you. You have to be settled in the UK and you're not settled until you are actually in the UK.
Ok thats out of the question.

I guess the only option left would be to cancel and reapply in 3 weeks or so. right?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I need clarification on this please. My husband and I plan to enter the UK together if he gets a spousal visa. Do I have to go first?? We travelled together when he got the last spousal visa but that was in 1998 and I know things have changed. This whole 'being settled' issue is confusing as the application form assumes the UKC is settled in UK whereas many of us are not!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I need clarification on this please. My husband and I plan to enter the UK together if he gets a spousal visa. Do I have to go first?? We travelled together when he got the last spousal visa but that was in 1998 and I know things have changed. This whole 'being settled' issue is confusing as the application form assumes the UKC is settled in UK whereas many of us are not!
Going into the Country together is perfectly acceptable, this was my plan all along!

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
Yes, entering together is fine. Either the applicant and the spouse travel together or the applicant joins the spouse who is already residing in the UK.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.