Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi guys,

I have about 4 years 9 months experience at this point (EXCLUDING the full-time internship of 5 months before that ). I'll complete full 5 years at mid-June.

I wanted to apply to ACS for skills assessment, but I'm confused at this point.
Its a possibility that they might not consider the internship as valid work experience(though it was paid full-time), which means that the ACS assessment letter might show my experience as 4 years 9 months.

Unfortunately, the 175 visa process changes in July, and I wish to apply before that.
My question is - If I apply for 175 visa in June-end (when I will have completed full 5 years), and if my ACS assessment still says 4 years 9 months, will I be able to claim the 10 points of employment(5 years) ? Or will I be able to claim only 5 points (even though I have 5 yrs experience at the time of visa application) just because the assessment letter says 4 years 9 months ?

Please help ! Time is running out, and I am not sure whether I should simply wait till July or not. :(
you will get 10 as long as you are in the same company, only thing you have to do at the time of visa application(i.e. after 5 yrs of exp) get a new reference letter from your company in letterhead with current date & with same job responsibility which used for ACS assessment. If you submit this one (with current date) to DIAC, they will count your exp as 5 yrs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.