Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi guys,

I have about 4 years 9 months experience at this point (EXCLUDING the full-time internship of 5 months before that ). I'll complete full 5 years at mid-June.

I wanted to apply to ACS for skills assessment, but I'm confused at this point.
Its a possibility that they might not consider the internship as valid work experience(though it was paid full-time), which means that the ACS assessment letter might show my experience as 4 years 9 months.

Unfortunately, the 175 visa process changes in July, and I wish to apply before that.
My question is - If I apply for 175 visa in June-end (when I will have completed full 5 years), and if my ACS assessment still says 4 years 9 months, will I be able to claim the 10 points of employment(5 years) ? Or will I be able to claim only 5 points (even though I have 5 yrs experience at the time of visa application) just because the assessment letter says 4 years 9 months ?

Please help ! Time is running out, and I am not sure whether I should simply wait till July or not. :(
First of all, forget about waiting till July. July2012 marks the end of mass immigration to australia, it will be like how canada, newzealand, USA are nowadays, only few ppl who are "invited" can apply, v limited annual visa cap, difficult points system, bla blah .

Regarding ACS, they MAY or MAY NOT consider your internship as work experience, maybe they will give you 2 months worth instead of 5 months, there are many possibilities. But lets just say they don't calculate it (most likely), DIAC will calculate the missing months till the day you APPLY. So if u apply in may END, DIAC will calculate 4 Years 11 Months (u need recent employment letter at the time).

But ur problem is u need 5 years which will only be fulfilled in July, is that right ? In that case, have you thought of scoring IELTS 8.0 to compensate for lost points ? or maybe get a state sponsorship?

Either way don't delay, apply for ACS asap, get all required documents do ur best and see the result , maybe it turns in your favor who knows, many people here got surprising results :)

If all fails after u attempt, never give up, maybe u will have a chance in the new system, who knows there is always light at the end of the tunnel !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.