Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have about 4 years 9 months experience at this point (EXCLUDING the full-time internship of 5 months before that ). I'll complete full 5 years at mid-June.

I wanted to apply to ACS for skills assessment, but I'm confused at this point.
Its a possibility that they might not consider the internship as valid work experience(though it was paid full-time), which means that the ACS assessment letter might show my experience as 4 years 9 months.

Unfortunately, the 175 visa process changes in July, and I wish to apply before that.
My question is - If I apply for 175 visa in June-end (when I will have completed full 5 years), and if my ACS assessment still says 4 years 9 months, will I be able to claim the 10 points of employment(5 years) ? Or will I be able to claim only 5 points (even though I have 5 yrs experience at the time of visa application) just because the assessment letter says 4 years 9 months ?

Please help ! Time is running out, and I am not sure whether I should simply wait till July or not. :(

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi guys,

I have about 4 years 9 months experience at this point (EXCLUDING the full-time internship of 5 months before that ). I'll complete full 5 years at mid-June.

Its a possibility that they might not consider the internship as valid work experience(though it was paid full-time), which means that the ACS assessment letter might show my experience as 4 years 9 months.

Unfortunately, the 175 visa process changes in July, and I wish to apply before that.
My question is - If I apply for 175 visa in June-end (when I will have completed full 5 years), and if my ACS assessment still says 4 years 9 months, will I be able to claim the 10 points of employment(5 years) ? Or will I be able to claim only 5 points (even though I have 5 yrs experience at the time of visa application) just because the assessment letter says 4 years 9 months ?

Please help ! Time is running out, and I am not sure whether I should simply wait till July or not. :(
Experience will be counted up to when you applied to DIAC. You may need an updated experience letter from supervisor with exact duties you mentioned during ACS assessment. You can even apply on the 30th June unless any new rule applies before which is most unlikely at this moment.

Reactions: sherlock

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi guys,

First of all, forget about waiting till July. July2012 marks the end of mass immigration to australia, it will be like how canada, newzealand, USA are nowadays, only few ppl who are "invited" can apply, v limited annual visa cap, difficult points system, bla blah .

Regarding ACS, they MAY or MAY NOT consider your internship as work experience, maybe they will give you 2 months worth instead of 5 months, there are many possibilities. But lets just say they don't calculate it (most likely), DIAC will calculate the missing months till the day you APPLY. So if u apply in may END, DIAC will calculate 4 Years 11 Months (u need recent employment letter at the time).

But ur problem is u need 5 years which will only be fulfilled in July, is that right ? In that case, have you thought of scoring IELTS 8.0 to compensate for lost points ? or maybe get a state sponsorship?

Either way don't delay, apply for ACS asap, get all required documents do ur best and see the result , maybe it turns in your favor who knows, many people here got surprising results :)

If all fails after u attempt, never give up, maybe u will have a chance in the new system, who knows there is always light at the end of the tunnel !

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all, forget about waiting till July. July2012 marks the end of mass immigration to australia, it will be like how canada, newzealand, USA are nowadays, only few ppl who are "invited" can apply, v limited annual visa cap, difficult points system, bla blah .

Regarding ACS, they MAY or MAY NOT consider your internship as work experience, maybe they will give you 2 months worth instead of 5 months, there are many possibilities. But lets just say they don't calculate it (most likely), DIAC will calculate the missing months till the day you APPLY. So if u apply in may END, DIAC will calculate 4 Years 11 Months (u need recent employment letter at the time).

But ur problem is u need 5 years which will only be fulfilled in July, is that right ? In that case, have you thought of scoring IELTS 8.0 to compensate for lost points ? or maybe get a state sponsorship?

Either way don't delay, apply for ACS asap, get all required documents do ur best and see the result , maybe it turns in your favor who knows, many people here got surprising results :)

If all fails after u attempt, never give up, maybe u will have a chance in the new system, who knows there is always light at the end of the tunnel !

JBY,

Thanks so much for your fast and motivating reply ! I'll complete my 5 years just before the end of June, so I MIGHT be able to get a new letter after that, and apply to DIAC before 30th June. Only time will tell !

Well, its still good to know that DIAC will count the experience till the day I apply, so I agree with your suggestion of applying for ACS assessment right away.

Thanks again !

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About the state sponsorship - I went through the forum and also saw the various state websites , but just wasn't too sure about the following -

Most of the sites said that they require you to stay in that state for 2 years from the day you come-in to Australia. So does this mean that I cant go there, get the visa stamped, come back and then actually migrate when I get a job ? Its hard to migrate without a job, right ? :)

Any idea ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi guys,

you will get 10 as long as you are in the same company, only thing you have to do at the time of visa application(i.e. after 5 yrs of exp) get a new reference letter from your company in letterhead with current date & with same job responsibility which used for ACS assessment. If you submit this one (with current date) to DIAC, they will count your exp as 5 yrs.

·
Registered
222 Posts
About the state sponsorship - I went through the forum and also saw the various state websites , but just wasn't too sure about the following -

Most of the sites said that they require you to stay in that state for 2 years from the day you come-in to Australia. So does this mean that I cant go there, get the visa stamped, come back and then actually migrate when I get a job ? Its hard to migrate without a job, right ? :)

Any idea ?
If you stay in the specific state for 2 years then you are free to permanently move any state. It doesn't mean that you will have to stay 2 years and can't get back to home. You can go to a short trip and validated visa. Then go there after securing a job and leave 2 years or more and then you will be free :)

This is a moral obligation. If your company wants they can even transfer you to any of their branch in any state.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Leaving Job while 175 in process

Hi Sherlock/ clerk 85/ saydur & experts

I am silently following this forum for a quite some time.

I would like to know your valuable inputs in my strange situation.

I had applied for GSM 175 and CO allocated in August.

I had total 6 years of IT experience and I had claimed points for 5 years of experience for visa processing .

When CO allocated I had provided PCC and Medicals and their status is finalised.

However my Overseas Educational Qualifications are in "Further Checking Required" status....its been 45 days since it is in the same status.

Now I will be coming out of my present Job in a months time (Mid November to be exact) and there could be couple of months I will be without Job due to some personnel reasons.

Since my Visa is still in process , does this impact decision on my Visa case?
Do we must have to be in Job during the process of CO decision pending or since my 5 years experience is available i should not be worried at all??

Please advice....

Thanks for your inputs much in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ravik00799 said:
Hi Sherlock/ clerk 85/ saydur & experts

I am silently following this forum for a quite some time.

I would like to know your valuable inputs in my strange situation.

I had applied for GSM 175 and CO allocated in August.

I had total 6 years of IT experience and I had claimed points for 5 years of experience for visa processing .

When CO allocated I had provided PCC and Medicals and their status is finalised.

However my Overseas Educational Qualifications are in "Further Checking Required" status....its been 45 days since it is in the same status.

Now I will be coming out of my present Job in a months time (Mid November to be exact) and there could be couple of months I will be without Job due to some personnel reasons.

Since my Visa is still in process , does this impact decision on my Visa case?
Do we must have to be in Job during the process of CO decision pending or since my 5 years experience is available i should not be worried at all??

Please advice....

Thanks for your inputs much in advance.
Hello guys....could any one respond on this please....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.